{'en': 'New patch for glucose control', 'es': 'Nuevo parche para el control de glucosa'} Image

New patch for glucose control

JordiV's profile photo   07/28/2024 7:18 p.m.

Do you know about the subject ?? Link

JordiV's profile photo
JordiV
07/28/2024 7:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Everything that is for our benefit, welcome!
But I ... until I see it in the market, or financed ...

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
07/29/2024 8:21 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

jordiv said:
Do you know about the subject? Link

At the end of what is talking about the sensors ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
07/29/2024 9:31 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
jordiv said:
do you know about the subject? Link

At the end of what is talking about the sensors ....

Comment that it is a strip, stuck to the skin that works with laser and measures sweat, blablabla ... It is not a bad idea, to see if it evolves ...

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
07/29/2024 9:46 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

jordiv said:

It shows that the one who has written the article has no idea and mixes everything.When I have a while I will search the Singapore, to see if I find something serious.

Anyway, we carry in this non -invasive measure for at least 30 years (since the time of the pendra), and nothing that has really worked, most, cheated.The sensors of now are not bad;The problems they give are not to wear a small filament in the skin.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
08/04/2024 12:53 p.m.

Cristóbal Cortés said:
jordiv said:

It shows that the one who has written the article has no idea and mixes everything.When I have a while I will search the Singapore, to see if I find something serious.

Anyway, we carry in this non -invasive measure for at least 30 years (since the time of the pendra), and nothing that has really worked, most, cheated.The sensors of now are not bad;The problems they give are not to wear a small filament in the skin.

Indeed, it is a new study to detect markers (glucose, lactase, urea) in sweat, by microSeres that detect change of color of a reagent.Everything that the Spanish article says is in a note (of course, propaganda) of the university: Link SFVRSN = 1aae254_1

Here is the original article: Link is not accessible, if someone wants it, to ask me).It is a proof of concept, something quite far from a sensor in tests for its adoption in real therapy.E.g.The subject is asked to run, sweat and work with lasers on the sample separately, and so on.Although the motivation is mentioned that the current methods are bad-malls (the punctures of the glucometers, and the sensors are "rigid, expensive, and they have to take a long time" (????)), it is not demonstratedWhat advantage have their devices in these aspects.In addition, they use reagents that are consumed/degraded, that is, the duration will also be limited, such as current sensors.And only study variations;From the relationship of glucose content in sweat with the capillary or speak (if, reasonably, it is like glucosuria, often fucking disaster please).The article only talks about the ability of its method of detecting variations in sweat finally, the "100 times" precision is another propaganda barbarity than someone asks for it, I explain it, it is a bit long.

Anyway, that too many scientific articles are written today, those of especially biomedicals and those of biotechnology that is fashionable, even more.And I reaffirm the lack of need for a non -invasive measure.What problem is there to carry a filament in the skin 7 or 14 days?- What I would like is that they were more precise, they would last more or fail less, I do not need any non -invasive measure, unless there is any of these problems, and it does not seem to be the case.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
08/04/2024 5:36 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.