{'en': 'The 5 best proteins for people with diabetes', 'es': 'Las 5 Mejores Proteínas para Personas con Diabetes'} Image

The 5 best proteins for people with diabetes

fer's profile photo   07/26/2024 10:33 a.m.

Hello everyone!

I want to share an article about the best proteins for those who live with diabetes.Although carbohydrates are usually the main focus on our diet, proteins also play a crucial role in blood sugar control, satiety and conservation of muscle mass.

1. Lentils
Lentils are an excellent source of proteins and fiber, helping to control glucose levels.They contain betaglucano, a fiber that reduces blood sugar after meals.They are versatile and can be incorporated into soups, meatballs, salads, and more.In addition, they are rich in B and Zinc vitamins.

2. Chicken
Chicken is a source of protein rich in essential amino acids, vitamin B12 and zinc.It also contains hill, a nutrient that improves insulin sensitivity.It is better to consume it baked, grilled or in non -fried preparations such as fajitas or baked chicken with lemon and pepper.Chicken is economical and easy to prepare in various ways, avoiding monotony.

3. Nuts
The nuts, almonds, pistachios and nuts of macadamia are sources of vegetable proteins and unsaturated fats that help control glucose and suppress appetite.They also benefit the intestinal microbiota and contain arginine and magnesium, which improve inflammation and oxidative stress.They are easy to incorporate into snacks or salads.

4. Eggs
Eggs are a complete source of nutrients and proteins (6 grams per large egg) without providing carbohydrates.They are economical and versatile, being able to prepare in multiple ways like tortillas or toast with avocado.Studies indicate that adding an egg to the daily diet can reduce fasting glucose.

5. Fish
Fish is recommended at least twice a week by the American Diabetes Association.It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which help reduce inflammation and control blood sugar.Dishes such as rice with salmon, cod with tomato sauce or fish tacos are healthy options.Fish also reduces the risk of heart disease and diabetic retinopathy.

Integrating these proteins into our daily diet gives us significant benefits for diabetes control and improves our general health.Opting for balanced and varied protein sources not only helps in the management of blood sugar, but also in cardiovascular health and nutrition in general.

I hope this information is useful!

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
07/26/2024 10:33 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I would take off the rice recipe, I would take away the rice, the variety is not going well for me.

Prankman's profile photo
Prankman
07/28/2024 9:52 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

There are many sources of protein, there is to try the one that goes best.
The lentils up a lot.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/28/2024 1:09 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

The lentils are great.The as a couple of times a week and it is one of the few meals that I usually control almost without problems.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
07/28/2024 1:56 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.