{'en': 'Important glucose increases during the early morning and waking up', 'es': 'Importantes incrementos de glucosa durante la madrugada y al despertar'} Image

Important glucose increases during the early morning and waking up

helenapepe's profile photo   08/06/2024 10:36 a.m.

Hello, I am type 2 diabetic, so far I was controlled with pills and threeiba in the morning, but I have worsened and the endocrine has introduced me FIASP, just as I have started using freestyle, throughout the day I am controlled within the parameters, to theGo to bed I am always between 100-160 (not as fat at night), but I have observed with the device, which during the night from 3h and especially 6h in the morning, glucose increases to levels of 170-200 When awakening, not only that, also how much glucose lifted to shoot on 60 more units, logically this causes an important distortion in the averages of the parameters, and having to use 6-8 Fiasp units to try to reduce the levelof morning glucose.I would appreciate if someone could help me correct these high glucose levels in the morning.

helenapepe's profile photo
helenapepe
08/06/2024 10:36 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @helenape gives me the impression that the Tresiba does not last 24h ... and although you increase it at night you will continue to have hyperglycemia ... (Test if you want the latter before. Upload the threeiba at least 2nds. And see how you get up, if you are not within range of 1 in 1 and so on, but beware of the day in case it gives you any hypoglycemia).
If not, maybe you could change the insulin injection time at night ... In this way hyperglycemia if it occurs will be during the day and you can handle it with food, exercise or some fiaps ...
Or exercise in the afternoon strip near dinner ...

During the night it is normal for glucose to increase naturally (numerous chemical and hormonal processes are given), and more when the time to wake up and even in the awakening itself (the body has an increase in cortisol).

Try all this, if you have no near appointment with the endocrine, if not, see it, maybe put two doses of slow in the day.
It is true that you lift yourself quite high ... When you go to bed you might also be between 100-120 to control the climb more ... 160 gives you little margin to get up in range.

Many seasons happen to me ... A hug.

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
08/06/2024 12:41 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

silviagrz said:
hello @helepepe gives me the impression that the threeba does not last 24h ... and although you increase it at night you will continue to have hyperglycemia ... (test if you want before the latter the latter.
If not, maybe you could change the insulin injection time at night ... In this way hyperglycemia if it occurs will be during the day and you can handle it with food, exercise or some fiaps ...
Or exercise in the afternoon strip near dinner ...

During the night it is normal for glucose to increase naturally (numerous chemical and hormonal processes are given), and more when the time to wake up and even in the awakening itself (the body has an increase in cortisol).

Try all this, if you have no near appointment with the endocrine, if not, see it, maybe put two doses of slow in the day.
It is true that you lift yourself quite high ... When you go to bed you might also be between 100-120 to control the climb more ... 160 gives you little margin to get up in range.

It happens to me many seasons ... a hug.

Thanks for your advice I will take them into account, greetings

helenapepe
08/06/2024 12:57 p.m.

I use Fiasp and Tresiba and I put it at night and I wake up phenomenal between 80-100, in your case it gives the feeling that you lack basal

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
08/06/2024 1:37 p.m.

diabetic said:
I use fiasp and threeiba and I put it at night and I get up phenomenal between 80-100, in your case it gives the sensation that you lack basal

Thank you, for the comments, I think I will go to the night, although I punctuate 26 U of Tresiba, since it was the dose before including me Fiasp, but I think it is a bit high for the night, I will talk to the endocrine.

helenapepe
08/06/2024 1:50 p.m.

@helenape: Also keep in mind that when the Tresiba climbs, you may need to lower the FIASP so as not to have hypos during the day

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
08/06/2024 2:11 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

ricki21 said:
@helenape: also keep in mind that when the threeiba climb, you may need to lower the FIASP so as not to have hypos during the day

Thanks for the advice

helenapepe
08/06/2024 4:26 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.