{'en': 'Very different values \u200b\u200bwith vs glucometer sensor (debutante)', 'es': 'Valores muy distintos con sensor vs glucómetro (Debutante)'} Image

Very different values ​​with vs glucometer sensor (debutante)

PianoTrejo's profile photo   08/09/2024 5:42 p.m.

Hello!Greetings to all, as you can notice I am new in the forum so thanks for the opportunity.First of all, tell them that they just diagnosed me almost 2 months ago type 2. I started with insulin treatment immediately and my values ​​greatly improved.The issue is that I have the Freestyle 2 Plus sensor (in Chile) and at the beginning the value was ok, now the last 2 sensors during the early morning the values ​​fall a lot (54mg/dl at 60mg/dl) but since I do not present anySymptom I cannot identify whether that measurement is real or not.

I had to acquire a capillary meter (Caresens N Premier) and the differences between the two were very noticeable.For example at early 3am sensor 56mg/dl while capillary 135mg/dl.So have spent these last 4 days and I'm already tired, I have the low glucose alarm and always lowers me in the early morning and I always wake up but when I measure with capillary it is another story.

I already read several articles about that here and there will always be differences, even the doctor told me but how can I pay attention to a capillary meter that tells me that I am in 122mg/dl and sleep calmly with the sensor in 54mg/dl, the truth that the truth thatI do not council the dream because as I told them I do not present any symptoms and I did not prescribe the glucagon or the injection of emrgence for cases of hypoglycemia, then I do not know what to do or to believe the truth.Since the beginning of my diagnosis I did not have the capillary, so I always believed the sensor in fact never lowered me rather only once and it was punctual (Freestyle 1) then I got the 2 plus and the first sensor all well but these last 2 2With very very low values.

To all of these during the day I also lowers me to 70mg/dl, for no apparent reason.In addition, for 2 days after lunch or dinner it is supposed to be a glucose pick after each meal because it does not rise, it goes up 5 or 7 points, it is maintained and returns to reach 65mg/dl again.The person in charge of learning for Freestyle customers told me that as I am new in this, these values ​​vary greatly then it is normal.But I really don't know what to believe.

In my night table I have a bottle with water with sugar then it is like law: 3am sounds alarm I lift me sugar in 58mg/dl and capillary 108mg/dl I hope and keep going down ... Act and take a little of that water, I climb meIn the sensor at 80mg/dl and capillary 122mg/dl then in less than 10 minutes it is again at 65mg/dl the sensor ... and always as well as 3 or 4 times per early age until I fall out of the dream and I leave me inThe will of Lord Jajajaja.I am exhausted.

I have the capillary and the sensor in the arm, what do I do?Which one I think?I know that I wrote a lot and maybe this already commented by here but it is that I am a bit desperate or anxious rather.

I thank you for your help!

Greetings

PianoTrejo's profile photo
PianoTrejo
08/09/2024 5:42 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

pianotrejo said:
hello!Greetings to all, as you can notice I am new in the forum so thanks for the opportunity.First of all, tell them that they just diagnosed me almost 2 months ago type 2. I started with insulin treatment immediately and my values ​​greatly improved.The issue is that I have the Freestyle 2 Plus sensor (in Chile) and at the beginning the value was ok, now the last 2 sensors during the early morning the values ​​fall a lot (54mg/dl at 60mg/dl) but since I do not present anySymptom I cannot identify whether that measurement is real or not.

I had to acquire a capillary meter (Caresens N Premier) and the differences between the two were very noticeable.For example at early 3am sensor 56mg/dl while capillary 135mg/dl.So have spent these last 4 days and I'm already tired, I have the low glucose alarm and always lowers me in the early morning and I always wake up but when I measure with capillary it is another story.

I already read several articles about that here and there will always be differences, even the doctor told me but how can I pay attention to a capillary meter that tells me that I am in 122mg/dl and sleep calmly with the sensor in 54mg/dl, the truth that the truth thatI do not council the dream because as I told them I do not present any symptoms and I did not prescribe the glucagon or the injection of emrgence for cases of hypoglycemia, then I do not know what to do or to believe the truth.Since the beginning of my diagnosis I did not have the capillary, so I always believed the sensor in fact never lowered me rather only once and it was punctual (Freestyle 1) then I got the 2 plus and the first sensor all well but these last 2 2With very very low values.

To all of these during the day I also lowers me to 70mg/dl, for no apparent reason.In addition, for 2 days after lunch or dinner it is supposed to be a glucose pick after each meal because it does not rise, it goes up 5 or 7 points, it is maintained and returns to reach 65mg/dl again.The person in charge of learning for Freestyle customers told me that as I am new in this, these values ​​vary greatly then it is normal.But I really don't know what to believe.

In my night table I have a bottle with water with sugar then it is like law: 3am sounds alarm I lift me sugar in 58mg/dl and capillary 108mg/dl I hope and keep going down ... Act and take a little of that water, I climb meIn the sensor at 80mg/dl and capillary 122mg/dl then in less than 10 minutes it is again at 65mg/dl the sensor ... and always as well as 3 or 4 times per early age until I fall out of the dream and I leave me inThe will of Lord Jajajaja.I am exhausted.

I have the capillary and the sensor in the arm, what do I do?Which one I think?I know that I wrote a lot and maybe this already commented by here but it is that I am a bit desperate or anxious rather.

Greetings

PianoTrejo's profile photo
PianoTrejo
08/09/2024 5:43 p.m.

The capillary, the sensor is orientative.
Before any measure, a capillary.

The sensors are not reliable, they leave factory defects and give false hypoglycemia due to sleeping crushing.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/11/2024 9:48 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello.I wear about three sensors with very low values, look at the capture, but since the capillary is doing well, what I do is add the differences, something like a calibration of walking around the house.In a few days I will start another lot, hopefully it goes better.The problem is in the alarms, disconnected except the high one just in case it goes up to the parra.As @ruthbia says the sensor guides you on your state, if it will rise or lower a lot or the stability between meals, the value that you can only trust if the capillary is close and maintained that correspondence over time;A lottery.As a curiosity, my free glycate does not come to "pre-difficult" when reality is about 6. Greetings.

Vinilo0's profile photo
Vinilo0
08/11/2024 3:22 p.m.

DT2 desde 2004 | FreeStyle Libre 2 | Toujeo y Fiasp | Entre micros y cámaras

In my case when the Hipo continuous meter usually marks me 20 less with respect to the capillary, for example.60 In the continuum and 80 in capillary, but if I go high it measures me 20 plus the continuum than the capillary, for example 240 continuous and 220 in capillary.To someone else ???greetings!!

Andres_Javier's profile photo
Andres_Javier
08/11/2024 6:12 p.m.

Andres_javier said:
In my case when the continuous hipay meter usually marks 20 less with respect to the capillary, for example.60 In the continuum and 80 in capillary, but if I go high it measures me 20 plus the continuum than the capillary, for example 240 continuous and 220 in capillary.To someone else ???Greetings !!

Yes, in extreme values ​​it is when more errors, in high and low.It happens to me the same.The "exaggeration" sensor.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/11/2024 9:26 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

pianotrejo said:
hello!Greetings to all, as you can notice I am new in the forum so thanks for the opportunity.First of all, tell them that they just diagnosed me almost 2 months ago type 2. I started with insulin treatment immediately and my values ​​greatly improved.The subject is

Greetings

Hello.I quickly tell you my experience.I tried free 1 when it came out here in Spain, the endocrinologist gave me a couple and I bought another pair.I tried the 4 with the glucometers, a Accuchck and a Bayer;The files I have have a 2014 date. The comparison was passed.A correlation of 99.9 % and the glucometer points always in the sensor curve.

Years later, in October 2022, they went to the closed loop pump system with the G4 sensors of Medtronic.These were also perfectly;I checked it with the glucometer.But, at the same time, I was free to get it over (because those who do not reach 14 days change them), so I occasionally took both positions, the last free was spent a year later.

And they were not going as good as at the beginning.I consider "well" ± 20-25 mg/dl of difference.The free 2 systematically marked about 40-50 mg/dl with respect to the G4, and when he went to the glucometer, he gave the reason to this second.My hypothesis is that, by increasing production, product quality fell;It is something that we see very commonly engineers.

Another thing that someone has pointed out here, but not clearly explained is the following.The method that uses free requires air, so the sensor has a hole in the center and they tell you that you do not cover it with an adhesive (in fact, they sell adhesives with a hole in the center).The winter clothes are ok, but if you sleep sideways on the sensor's arm, it seems that you private the air, the glucose lows to 60 mg/dl, the alarms sound and wake up perjuring the sensor, of Abbot, andof his p* mother.In the graph you see how quickly glycemia rises again.

It happened to me with some frequency;Maybe this is what happens to you.Solutions: 1) Try not to sleep on the sensor side.2) Put on the sensor more towards the back of the arm, so that you do not eye on the side of the side.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
08/18/2024 2:52 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.