{'en': 'New debutant', 'es': 'Nueva debutante'} Image

New debutant

loneasey's profile photo   08/20/2024 9:43 p.m.

Hello.Greetings to everyone.I am a new debutant in type 1 diabetes. I do not medical with toujeo and novorapid.I will travel to New York in September if someone can help me prepare the medication and how to take it at the plane. And enter the US who ask you.I am very nervous and stressed.Thank you so much

loneasey's profile photo
loneasey
08/20/2024 9:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello,@loneasey, it carries the medication in the handbag and a medical certificate where you indicate the material that you need, although in the airports they are already accustomed to seeing it.
Today a "cold wallet" that activates with water and retains insulin at proper temperature.
The slow schedule can be adjusted a few days earlier until it suits you.
If you have recently debuted, you will be on a honeymoon and you will need little insulin, you will have to gradually readjust.
It also carries glucose pills or what you need for hypos, although on the plane you have juices or cocacola....
The toujeo is quite stable and will not give you problems.

You can lower the dose of slow if those days you are going to move a lot.
Go calm and enjoy the trip.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/21/2024 1:56 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Welcome.It is normal for you to be nervous and have many doubts, especially if you also have to make a long trip short.Check out the posts that have already come out, because there are a crowd related to long trips and by plane.Surely you find a lot of information that will be good for you.
Luck.You will tell us :)

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
08/21/2024 12:47 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

I have never gone to the USA. But ...
You have to carry:
Medical report of the medication you take and your health status in English.
In the USA, a good travel insurance is essential and to say in papers that you are diabetic (which you can tell you that you have not declared that disease when hiring the insurance).
The medication of spares and in two handbags.You carry it and another your companion, apart from the one you have in use in your pocket.
Surely someone else can contribute much more.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
08/21/2024 1:21 p.m.

Thank you so much

loneasey's profile photo
loneasey
08/21/2024 7:58 p.m.

Well, I have traveled a lot and I continue.In the USA they have not asked me for anything.
I have taken a toujeo vial and another of a replacement novorapid and those that I have in use, plus a lot of needles, glucose strips and some lancet.
As in September already fresher, there is no need for cold bag.I take it this summer for a European flight and you have to put it in the control tray, separated from the mobile, tablet and PC, because the silicone to cool is considered "liquid."
But come on, the certificate have never asked me, or in China that I went for work.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/22/2024 10:45 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

loneasey said:
hello.Greetings to everyone.I am a new debutant in type 1 diabetes. I do not medical with toujeo and novorapid.I will travel to New York in September if someone can help me prepare the medication and how to take it at the plane. And enter the US who ask you.I am very nervous and stressed.Thank you so much

Hello, I was in New York in December and I took insulin started, so I do not carry a cold bag to keep, they do not ask for any certificate, it is no longer necessary to take out in the liquid controls or electronic devices, the only thing I did is hireA travel insurance, fortunately I did not need, with the beating that I hit, I returned with 2 kilos less and the perfect glucose, I am of type 2.

Loula's profile photo
Loula
08/25/2024 12:23 p.m.

Don't worry.If you put in the forum search engine: "Airports", you will get many illustrative experiences of the foreser.

RUBIOARES's profile photo
RUBIOARES
08/25/2024 8:15 p.m.

I have gone to the USA several times and have never asked me anything at the airport or reports or anything, in the end I leave the doctor because it is not necessary, you pass the controls and it is already, your metelo everything in your backpack 🎒 and out, out,When you pass the controls, take your insulin ball from the backpack or not and for the plane ✈️

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
08/27/2024 9:26 a.m.

Hello.They basically ask you for anything and are already accustomed to everything.Take an official role of your doctor, in English, that you are a diabetic and the detail of all the hit you need for treatment.But, come on, the pen and glucometers never detected them.Now, if you go with a sensor or pump it can be, in the arch.You shout Medical Medical, you take out the bomb if that, and teach the paper ..

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
09/01/2024 7 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.