{'en': 'New debutant and some relief.', 'es': 'Nuevo debutante y algo de desahogo.'} Image

New debutant and some relief.

Antarjmur_96's profile photo   08/21/2024 9:35 a.m.

Hello everyone, I am Antonio and I debuted at the end of April.I had been with some symptoms for a while, but until I did a blood test, they associated them with other causes (such as insomnia, anemia and others).Since then, it has been a bit like a "roller coaster."

I suppose that, for many, it is the same: between starting to feel better when I receive treatment and realize what it entails having this for life (in fact, I will tell the horrible experience I had with my header doctor).My case is supposed to be type 1 diabetes for my age range, but until September the endocrine will not be confirmed.

In general, my experience so far has been positive.When you spend so much feeling bad without understanding why, they give you an explanation is a tremendous relief.

I have changed so much that, literally, my parents do not recognize me: as healthy, I am not continuously in a bad mood, I have energy, and I go to the gym for pleasure and enjoy it.My nurse is quite happy with me because I take it seriously and I am quite controlled (literally, I thanked me for being the few who take notes in the notebook or the app).

My complaint, and surely doesn't surprise anyone, they are the sensors.When I started with the strips I had a bad time because I have always had cold hands and it cost me that blood came out, so I thought the sensors were a blessing.

I started using them in June and, since then, I have already had to claim five times.As much as the nurse or other diabetics tell me, it does not seem normal to me.My main problem is the great difference that they give me compared to the capillary (for example, 59 in the sensor and 110 in the capillary), especially at night.They told me that it was to sleep supported, but I don't know what a posture to put and, even so, it goes down equally.

My main problem is that I am quite apprehensive with this;Lately I do not sleep for the anxiety that are causing me and frustration.I know that you just have to call and change it, but I am hearing loss (I have hearing loss) and the whole process is tedious;It causes me a tremendous hurry to have to be calling every few days to ask for another sensor.

Anyway, I have spent a bad night, again, because of the sensor and needed to vent a little because I can't stand this situation.I wanted to do it in a place where I think I can understand me.

I have been reading the forum since I was shyly, but I never dared to write anything.I have encouraged myself because in the posts of the people I always see that they support each other, so thanks for reading me (forgiveness for the "textaco").

Greetings,

Antarjmur_96's profile photo
Antarjmur_96
08/21/2024 9:35 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome, @antarjmur_96.The beginnings are very hard, until you are driving and knowing how your glucose acts.
The sensors do not seem normal to me, they are too many failures.Normally at 24 or 48 hours they begin to measure more precise, at first they usually have gap.
You can try the following:
1 Put the new sensor 12 hours or more before the old man is exhausted, and you activate it when you take off the other
2. Change the place where you implement it.In theory we can put it in the same places where you click insulin, maybe where you have it you crush it too often.

Sleeping is fundamental and it is certainly difficult when you have apprehension that you are going to have a nocturnal hypoglycemia or if you are interrupting the sensor with false alarms.
Courage, for what you have, your disposition is very good to learn and to have the essential discipline in the management of diabetes.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
08/21/2024 9:49 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Welcome to the forum @antarjmur_96.If the sensor failures are mostly at night and suspicion that is to sleep supported on it, I would try to change the sensor and see how.I put it in the upper buttock part and the truth is that I have no major problem.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
08/21/2024 12:51 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

Hello and thanks for answering.Now that I have a hole at work I can answer you.I just confirmed that it is not only when sleeping (I already say that I do not support me, I have looked for many positions for it), since all morning I had a lag of about 40-50.I don't know if I have a horrible luck with the sensors or that my body does not accept them correctly.I have already claimed to change them.I will be one day or two without a sensor, only capillary tests for now, to see if I can rest a little, which is my priority right now.As in general I am quite controlled, I am not worried about doing things more manually for a while and aiming the values ​​in the notebook they gave me at the beginning, I will explain to the endocrine this incident.Let's see if this weekend with another sensor changes and stay more calm.

Thanks again ^^.

Antarjmur_96
08/21/2024 1:35 p.m.

Good @antarjmur_96

Do not bitter with the theme of the sensors, you will realize that they are a great tool when you get to see how they work in your body (it seems that they do not give everyone the same problems).

I am a very gridded person for me all life 1 + 1 has been 2, until diabetes arrived in my life and a few days are 400 and others -7 but rarely 2.

The sensors spoil a buried to me only I have fallen 1 the rest I have changed them when they have authorized it after calling Abbott or when the same sensor has given error and told me to replace it, and since January of the JanuaryLast year I started with this I go for my sensor number 59.

In case it can serve you as a north, in my case (hence observing the behavior with you) the hypoglycemia are real when the sensor marks less than 53. Something similar to you happens to me, at 24 - 36 hours of startingThe sensor (when it is already calibrated, in theory) marks me 40-50 less than the capillaArriving at 53 stops and can spend hours, even rise again.But at the moment that goes down 53 if I make a capillary is when I have the sugar below 60 and it is time to do something.

I know that each body is a world and every person, but my experience maySomething that I appreciate about this community) about the experiences of others and it is clear that what it is worth not for them does not use others, but it helps to have a point of view and reference to adapt.

Cheer up.
:)

BaradDurr's profile photo
BaradDurr
08/22/2024 11:14 a.m.

DM2 mal diagnosticada en 2017, realmente LADA diagnosticada en Enero de 2023.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, the sensors have only failed me on few occasions.Yes, it must be taken into account that when the glucose is climbing or lowering, there is a decompensation between capillary measurement and that of the interstitial fluid.But taking that into account, otherwise they are luxurious to me.Come on, I could no longer live without them.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
08/22/2024 2:02 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

Welcome @antarjmur_96
Congratulations to encourage you to write.We are a great community and we blown together.

I have been with the sensors for 8 years and I have to write a book.In summary, they are orientative, they are not 100% exact and the manufacturer does not seek that end either.

My experience with sensors that do not go from 70 is that at 4 days I get the message of replacing sensor.Those who go over me 14 days.
I try to calibrate it with another application and I usually do well.I also get some very bad and those who fail, return them and change them.

The most important thing is to know oneself, in this way the lack of precision of the sensor does not overwhelm and knows how to act.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/22/2024 10:38 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello everyone again, first of all thanks for answering me.I have taken a little longer to answer because combining work and studies consume a lot of time according to what dates, but what is going to be done.@Baraddur your case is a drop of water from mine, the nights did not move 59. On Sunday I decided, after several quiet days that have come great, put the sensors again and surprise: it failed at four hours andHe said to replace it :(, my luck is to throw the lottery. I honestly I hope the system of claiming them on the web was better and did not need to call so much.

Thanks again and greetings ^^

Antarjmur_96
08/28/2024 10:47 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.