{'en': 'Doubts about glucose spikes', 'es': 'Dudas sobre picos de glucosa'} Image

Doubts about glucose spikes

Francucho's profile photo   08/23/2024 2:22 a.m.

Hi there,
I have many doubts about diabetes, pre diabetes and insulin resistance

I have no diagnosis, but many doubts about how much normal insulin peaks are and how much they should last in a healthy person.

It is long, I apologize,

Weight 57kg (for years I handled 65kg), male of 34, 175 cm, 12% body fat, I do not do sports, average pressures 105/65, insulin on 2.4 fasting and homa go of 0.6.I have always suffered from thinness, a lot of difficulty gaining weight, my maximum was 72 kg eating until bursting several times a day (14 years ago) and I gave up.In addition to this, my view every year is worse, and from the 30 I endured with joint pain and a problem with the urine: I suddenly want to urinate, very strong, a moment I am normal without desire and a second later I have to make strengthNot to urinate me (it has never happened to me), if I can take me take away, after a while they come back and so;When I'm going to urinate, sometimes the bladder is half full, it's just like a spasm because the bladder really does not fill.SELF CONSETIVE AND BAD BOAT, head and neck pain 2 times a week.
This led me to believe that I had a dysbiosis, candida, sibo etc or that I was consuming some harmful food for me, so 2 months ago I started a low carbohydrate diet and, oh surprise, 90% of the problems left me... The last month I was in Keto diet.As an unwanted side effect I lost 10kg, but my idea was to gradually introduce food (the Keto diet is not for me, it is hard for mefree) to see how my body reacts with each food.I did some analytics too:

Total cholesterol: 299, HDL 54, LDL 229 and 85 triglycerides, I don't know if it was already like that or it was for the diet rich in saturated fats.Complete abdomen ultrasound and all the bladder, prostate and liver order, but I have loose liquid in 34cc pelvis.?

Here my doubts come: at the beginning of the low carbos diet, my glucose lowWithout eating carbos, I assume that for gluconeogenesis (4 years ago I had 97 on an empty stomach).
When putting new carbos, glucose peaks are somewhat strange (I don't know how they were before the diet), anything that eats shoots me at 150, 170, 180, 200 ... An apple with a spoonful of honey shoots meA 169 for example, and at the beginning I kept me over 150 per hour, I don't know, climb 180 in one hour, and 3 hours later being in 169;Have 130 at 2 am sleeping.In the last 3 days it is happening to me that as carbos mixed with fiber, fats and protein (no processed garbage), water with apple vinegar, etc., I start with 100, the glucose rises to 200 in less than an hour, butThen in a matter of 40 minutes I am in 70, and I feel weird, dizzy, go down very fast, to more than at first.

Is this cause of the Keto diet and I have to give time to adjust it or is it possible that before it had some insulin resistance?My father is diabetic, of those that reach 450;And I remember that at 10 I suffered from dizziness and fasting glucose I got in 110, but I don't know why they didn't follow up on the subject.

Francucho's profile photo
Francucho
08/23/2024 2:22 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You see the doctor !!

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
08/23/2024 8:18 a.m.

Go to the doctor and tell him.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/23/2024 8:47 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Here we usually think, but the information you give is very complex, and as they tell you, the thing is that it is a doctor who sees you for a diagnosis.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/23/2024 9:29 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

They are right, I should consult, the problem is that my country's health system is collapsed and despite paying mandatory insurance, I have not been able to get a medical appointment for months;I do these exams paying, and for me (baker) they represent a hard blow to my personal finances.I have had to investigate a lot on my own.

Anyway, I am calmer because I found some articles and studies in this regard, and it seems that what happens to me is normal then a low carbohydrate diet, it is called insulin physiological resistance: my body, to thespend weeks without carbos, reduced insulin production (hence my 2.4 of fasting insulin) so as notInsulin since it is using fat as a source energy, then as a protection mechanism it rejects glucose since it is necessary to be reserved for the functions that occupy by force and do not work with ketones.From what I read, I can from 3 days to a couple of weeks to regulate, and it makes sense, because just as when I went from normal diet to Keto I had an adaptation period, moving from ket on consuming carbos should also have its adaptation period, and if I arrive and give fruits, or honey or cookies suddenly, it is not a good idea.

Thanks anyway;In a couple of weeks I update

Francucho's profile photo
Francucho
08/23/2024 9:08 p.m.

@Francucho, you can make a glucosylated hemoglobin test to get out of doubt.
Here they do them in pharmacies.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/24/2024 6:45 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.