{'en': 'Meaningless calculate in many cases the dose of the rapids at two hours', 'es': 'Sin sentido calcular en muchos casos la dosis de las rápidas a las dos hora'} Image

Meaningless calculate in many cases the dose of the rapids at two hours

tamara4's profile photo   10/05/2024 9:48 a.m.

Let's see .. for myself and for many comments that I have seen about the time of effect of the rapids, it makes no sense in many cases to control two hours later since for example to me at breakfast especially, it begins to take effectAt 3 or even at 4 o'clock, if I trust the control of two hours, would the dose always have to upload, it happens to you?

Toujeo 28
Novorapid 10-8-6

tamara4's profile photo
tamara4
10/05/2024 9:48 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@tamara4: Where do you get the fast at breakfast time?Are you waiting for a long time?

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
10/05/2024 10:07 a.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Yes, it happens to me the same, but I don't know if it is because I have been db for many years and I can have some insulin resistance or some gastroparesia, with what has some delay in gastric emptying.I only know that especially after lunch, I am perfect at 2 hours but at 3 it goes up and it is not for lack of slow or having eaten a lot of fat or protein in lunch.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
10/05/2024 10:08 a.m.

ricki21 said:
@tamara4: where do you get the fast at breakfast time?Are you waiting for a long time?

To me the effect does not start me until 3 am and its maximum peak at 4 am therefore if I want to do a control it would have to be from 3 hours because if I would not always register for example today at two hours I wasIn 230 after breakfast and at 4 hours at 130

tamara4's profile photo
tamara4
10/05/2024 10:53 a.m.

meginer said:
yes, it happens to me the same, but I don't know if it is because I have been dB for many years and I can have some insulin resistance or some gastroparesia, with what I havesome delay in gastric emptying.I only know that especially after lunch, I am perfect at 2 hours but at 3 it goes up and it is not for lack of slow or having eaten a lot of fat or protein in lunch.

And from 3 hours you go down again?

tamara4's profile photo
tamara4
10/05/2024 10:56 a.m.

tamara4 said:
ricki21 said:
@tamara4: where do you get the fast at breakfast time?Are you waiting for a long time?

To me the effect does not start me until 3 am and its maximum peak at 4 am therefore if I want to do a control it would have to be from 3 hours because if I would not always register for example today at two hours I wasIn 230 after breakfast and at 4 hours at 130

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
10/05/2024 11:09 a.m.

tamara4 said:
meginer said:
yes, it happens to me the same, but I don't know if it is because I have been db for many years and I can have some ofInsulin resistance or some gastroparesia, with which it has some delay in gastric emptying.I only know that especially after lunch, I am perfect at 2 hours but at 3 it goes up and it is not for lack of slow or having eaten a lot of fat or protein in lunch.

It depends on the moment of the day and what I have eaten but most of the time not, and I have to correct myself, that is happening to me lately, before I was better.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
10/05/2024 3:13 p.m.

meginer said:
tamara4 said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
yes, it happens to me the same, but I don't knowIf it is because I have been db for many years and can have some insulin resistance or some gastroparesia, with what has some delay in gastric emptying.I only know that especially after lunch, I am perfect at 2 hours but at 3 it goes up and it is not for lack of slow or having eaten a lot of fat or protein in lunch.

It depends on the moment of the day and what I have eaten but most of the time not, and I have to correct myself, that is happening to me lately, before I was better.

Ok

tamara4's profile photo
tamara4
10/05/2024 5:10 p.m.

It has been going on for 3 weeks, I do nothing more to correct and meaningless.Even if you don't eat anything in 16 hours, I get on.
Hormones, colds, a little of everything.
You no longer know one to eat.With all failure.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/05/2024 9:15 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Among several factors it is also very important to assess whether in food there are carbohydrates of slow or fast absorption.For example, a 0 sugar cookie is not the same as another other than 0 even if they are of the same HC

josem0129's profile photo
josem0129
10/05/2024 9:37 p.m.

@tamara4, what it is about is to lower the breakfast peak, which is the most difficult.It is not that the rapid takes effect at four hours, but at four hours you have already digested breakfast.
You can try another slower breakfast, drink yogurt instead of milk and some protein.
You can also divide breakfast into two shots, or increase the fast and eat something after three hours ..
And, in any case, wait between insulin and breakfast for at least fifteen minutes .. depending on how you get up ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/06/2024 12:14 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

ruthbia said:
It has been going on for 3 weeks, I do nothing more to correct and meaningless.Even if you don't eat anything in 16 hours, I get on.

This is, without any meaning

tamara4's profile photo
tamara4
10/06/2024 9:22 a.m.

regina said:
@tamara4, what it is about is to lower the breakfast, which is the most difficult.It is not that the rapid takes effect at four hours, but at four hours you have already digested breakfast.
You can try another slower breakfast, drink yogurt instead of milk and some protein.
You can also divide breakfast into two shots, or increase the fast and eat something after three hours ..
And, in any case, wait between insulin and breakfast for at least fifteen minutes .. depending on how you get up ..

Yes, I wait up to half an hour before breakfast, so if it is because at four times I say breakfast, the fast does not take any effect?I don't understand and thanks in advance

tamara4's profile photo
tamara4
10/06/2024 9:25 a.m.

Josem0129 said:
Among several factors it is also very important to assess whether in food there are carbohydrates of slow or fast absorption.For example, a 0 sugar cookie is not the same as another one that is not 0 even if they are of the same HC

Breakfast only about 20gr of integral bread and coffee with skim milk of course with saccharin, nothing more and I am getting 10 novorapid

tamara4's profile photo
tamara4
10/06/2024 9:26 a.m.

ruthbia said:

That is what happens to me, I do not know how to act because I cannot follow a pattern since the glucose is on its own does not depend on the insulin or on the schedule of peaks, or the hydrates it eats, it is meaningless andI am desperate

tamara4's profile photo
tamara4
10/06/2024 9:28 a.m.

Well, that's what the sensors are, to check the sugar at any time.

Maybe it happens to you as my son Diabetco (and like everyone) that cortisol is generated in the morning and that is why there is more sugar.
It is the morning handicap and you have to take it into account, but for those who begin in the world of diabetes that do not overwhelm, they will take the truquillo.

Lowcarb's profile photo
Lowcarb
10/06/2024 9:51 a.m.

Hijo con 6 años con DM1. Novorrapid, Lantus, FreeStyle.

@tamara4: In which area do you inject the insulin of breakfast?

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
10/06/2024 5:11 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.