{'en': "Hi, I'm Ana, a 10 -year -old boy with type 1 diabetes in Seville.", 'es': 'Hola soy Ana ,mamá de un peque de 10 años con diabetes tipo 1 en Sevilla.'} Image

Hi, I'm Ana, a 10 -year -old boy with type 1 diabetes in Seville.

Ana_1979_Alvaro_2013's profile photo   08/14/2024 12:16 a.m.

No content available.

Ana_1979_Alvaro_2013's profile photo
Ana_1979_Alvaro_2013
08/14/2024 12:16 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Ana. I know that right now is a drama.My parents lived it a long time ago, in 85. I was 11 years old ... and it touched me.
But the drama is much more for the family.Children adapt to everything very easily.
When I started, the reactive strips were by colors, it was calculated by eye, never better and the insulin was pork ... literal.
It has been advancing a lot.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
08/15/2024 12:08 a.m.

By the way, taking care of himself a little, he will have no problem with diabetes.I will meet 51 and I have nothing.
I touch wood.
Most have some complication, but they began in more difficult times and they may roast the subject and that in diabetes is paid.I do not tell you about being one day in 400 ... That is "normal" the problem is to be wrong for years.
I was in summer camps for diabetic children, and that changed my life.It is a very important psychological support, apart from what you learn from self -control.
Look for some diabetic association in your area.
Good luck.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
08/15/2024 12:16 a.m.

I am also from Seville, what you want here I am.I, as Juan Solo, started in 83, pork insulin, as he says, without glucometer at the beginning.Things are different today, much more bearable.A very fat buttone, but much more bearable so I encourage and the bull.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
08/15/2024 11:08 p.m.

Hello, diabetic here since 1968, with pork insulin and glass syringes.I don't have anything.HBA1C = 5.4

What you have to do as a mother is to educate your child on the subject, or ensure that it will be educated.It is not necessary to know much about diabetes, only about treatments, and now they are much better and more comfortable than before.

The best current is the pump + sensor + closed loop infusion control.But that is for old people like me.For children and kids, I believe that with rapid and slow bolis well -managed, doses is worth.And a continuous sensor, of course.

Good luck.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
08/18/2024 3:01 p.m.

oysters @juansolo @"Cristóbal Cortés" No complication never?Not mild?God small champions, I started in 92 pork insulin but with BD syringes and mixing if, controls count drops, they did not provide me with a lot of strips, I have always had variable glucose, I have a lotIf I have any little complication after 32 years with her, something frustrating that makes me feel guilty thinking "I could have done better"

Vero83's profile photo
Vero83
08/23/2024 2:47 p.m.

vero83 said:
oysters @juansolo @"Cristóbal Cortés" No complication never?Not mild?God small champions, I started in 92 pork insulin but with BD syringes and mixing if, controls count drops, they did not provide me with a lot of strips, I have always had variable glucose, I have a lotIf I have any little complication after 32 years with her, something frustrating that makes me feel guilty thinking "I could have done better"

32 years are many years 😀 It is normal, having something.This is a day -to -day life, and of making mistakes many times.
Apart from glucose, fat levels, smoking, hypertension ... are important factors to control.
There is also a factor that we do not control and it is genetics ...
I am missing, to do things half well, do some sport 😊.I've been looking for the time to start doing it 😜.Although I try to compensate him, walking every day ... I'm going to work and come back.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
08/23/2024 3:05 p.m.

vero83 said:

Well, something is.For example, I don't feel the middle finger of the left foot.Not much.I can move it perfectly, but I don't feel it.I blame it for hypoglycemia, it comes and leaves, although I don't know if that's why.Little things like that.

But I assure you that another 30 years can happen to you without anything serious, always taking care of sugar, yes.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
08/23/2024 9:06 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.