{'en': 'Two days without insulin', 'es': 'Dos días sin insulina'} Image

Two days without insulin

Name's profile photo   09/30/2024 9:49 a.m.

[[ERROR-TRANS]]Buenos días,

Ayer hice una ruta btt de 4h, y como se me suelen desplomar los niveles, decidí no pincharme la insulina lenta (rápida no llevo).

El caso es que luego comimos por ahí y ya se me hizo muy tarde para pincharme, asique decidí que ya me pincharía al día siguiente. Para mi sorpresa, todo el tiempo en rango, menos el pico del desayuno, que le añadí más pan para que me aguantara un poco sin tener que tomar zumo/azúcar tan al inicio...

Me cuestiono si podría seguir unos días sin insulina a ver cómo me va (suelo hacer deporte 4-5 veces por semana), y también sigo sin saber cómo evitar el pico inicial de lo que como antes del ejercicio y el correspondiente desplome sobre la media hora o 45' desde que empiezo.

Respecto a la insulina, leí que cuanto menos te pongas mejor, en mi caso no sé si para ayudar a las células que me quedan trabajando, conviene insulina o mejor regular sólo con ejercicio. ¿Qué opináis?

Gracias por leerme.

Name's profile photo
Name
09/30/2024 9:49 a.m.

DM1 mayo 2024 (31 años)
Toujeo 5uds

Well, you should reduce insulin, instead of not putting it, in this way you will have more time reserve, but it is best to consult your endocrine.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/30/2024 9:59 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

[[ERROR-TRANS]]@Name , estarás en luna de miel , pero si estás bajo con insulina a lo mejor los días q haces deporte no te hace falta . Los valores son muy buenos.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/01/2024 11:54 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The slow exercised the glucose I have proven, I have a job of not stopping and I have entered to curdle at 220 and after 4 h to Piñon it was 74 so to go down if you exercise, but for glucose peaks like those thatThey occur after eating if it does not work, because it is not their function, but in type 2 it is another story

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
10/03/2024 10:04 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

At the moment it is the 5th day that I do not inject and it is wonderful not to fall into hypoglycemia ... (even temporary).I am aware that I write the endocrine to see what to do, for the moment of normal I am in 90-100 and peaks according to what it eats clear, but I am not going from more than 140. I am starting to believe that more than slow, now IIt would be good for me to prescribe quickly for some meals, to see what he tells me.

Thank you.

Name's profile photo
Name
10/03/2024 3:59 p.m.

DM1 mayo 2024 (31 años)
Toujeo 5uds

name said:
for the moment is the 5th day that I do not inject and it is wonderful not to fall into hypoglycemia ... (even if it is temporary).I am aware that I write the endocrine to see what to do, for the moment of normal I am in 90-100 and peaks according to what it eats clear, but I am not going from more than 140. I am starting to believe that more than slow, now IIt would be good for me to prescribe quickly for some meals, to see what he tells me.

Thank you.

It is that if you are not going from 140, it seems that you do not need slow.Let's see what the endo tells you ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
10/03/2024 10:28 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Hello, just, a question arises: what kind of diabetes do you have?How many years are you living with her?:/

NEKgatoDULCE's profile photo
NEKgatoDULCE
10/06/2024 11:07 a.m.

In my case, that I do a lot of sport, I have had days like that, but then the payment of interest and not low of 250 comes.
It is better to reduce the dose and put on something than not putting anything (watching if at some point you need in those days an HC contribution before exercise; eye, that the type of exercise will also influence. The aerobic as anaerobic is not the same;Raise weights to run an hour).From my experience, in the long run you pay it, but that the endocrine advises you better.

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
10/06/2024 3:51 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.