{'en': 'What vaccines should I use if I have diabetes?', 'es': '¿Qué vacunas debería usar si tengo diabetes?'} Image

What vaccines should I use if I have diabetes?

fer's profile photo   09/25/2024 3:32 p.m.

With the arrival of autumn, it is important that we are all aware of vaccination campaigns, especially those of us who live with diabetes.Here you have a summary of the recommended vaccines and why they are crucial for our health.

Having diabetes can affect our immune system, making it more difficult for our body to fight infections.This means that we are more likely to develop serious complications from common diseases, such as flu.

Recommended vaccines

1. Flu: The flu vaccine is essential.People with diabetes have an eight -time risk of developing pneumonia from a flu compared to people without diabetes.

2. Pneumococcus: This vaccine protects us against severe pulmonary infections that can be especially dangerous to us.

3. Hepatitis B: If we are at risk of contracting hepatitis B, this vaccine is highly recommended.Hepatitis B affects the liver and can further complicate our health.

4. Herpes Zóster: According to the latest investigations, we should also consider the Herpes Zóster vaccine.This infection can cause intense and chronic pain, which can make our ability to keep us active, something crucial for diabetes control.

5. COVID-19: Do not forget the COVID-19 vaccine.It is important to have the two doses of cousin and at least one dose of memory.

Remember, vaccination not only protects us, but also our families and communities.

Let us keep this fall healthy and strong!

A hug to all,

fer's profile photo
fer
09/25/2024 3:32 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Good morning.
Has anyone put the Herpes Zóster vaccine?I have tried something, but both for the header and the pharmacy, it is unknown to an adult.

All the best.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
09/28/2024 11:59 a.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

Here in Asturias they put it at greater than 65

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/28/2024 4:25 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello.I am 55 years old and my diabetologist recommended it, there are 2 doses, I have already given myself the 1st.Greetings.

Alemeil's profile photo
Alemeil
09/30/2024 12:53 a.m.

Buenos Aires. Argentina.
DM 1 desde 2005 (35 años en ese entonces).
NovoRapid Penfil y Tresiba FlexTouch.
FreeStyle Libre 1 desde Agosto 2019.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.