{'en': 'Fernando Rafart, the computer scientist who scheduled his diabetes', 'es': 'Fernando Rafart, el informático que programó su diabetes'} Image

Fernando Rafart, the computer scientist who scheduled his diabetes

fer's profile photo   05/31/2007 6:47 p.m.

Control, control, control.They are the three words that summarize the way of life of the diabetic.This was soon understood by Fernando Rafart.At 25, he was diagnosed with this disease and his life plans changed completely.All activity revolved around diabetes.

Rafart studied everything that his illness meant and then saw in his profession a way of making the servitude to his ailment more bearable.If there is something systematic and grid, that is the computer programming, Fernando's profession.

Little by little he turned his habits as a patient into a computer program that took control, which warned him of his obligations or threw alarms.He called him Gluco Control, because he mainly controlled glucose.That was five years ago.

Since then, Rafart has been developing its program, which already allows you to directly incorporate data from more than 40 glucose meters, practically all in the market.The Sidiary program is downloaded by the network (it is free for a month and then costs a maximum of 40 euros), it is compatible with portable computers and devices and sends notices to the doctor."There are other programs," says Rafart, "but they are not as flexible as Sidiary."

Fernando Rafart, Fer, 34, debuted with diabetes at 25, a late debut for his type of disease."At first I fell on me on top of me, but I focused on studying and understanding my illness and what represents being diabetic."Soon he saw that the key to the disease that was going to accompany him for the rest of his life was control.A strict self -control of everything that had to do with his illness was imposed.

Fer sought the necessary tools to carry this control, and obtained from the official health institutions a paper notebook.Fer, a profession of profession that currently works for a large multinational in the sector, the notebook did not just quote his needs.

Point glucose measurements, at least three times a day;control food;If sports is done;The medication shots.Diabetes is a complicated disease, which according to WHO can affect up to 10% of the world's population.In Spain there are between 7% and 10% of diagnosed diabetics and it is estimated that there are another 7% or 8% of diabetic people who do not know they are.

Fer searched on the Internet a program that could help him.He did not find it.He himself began to create a computer program that allowed him to keep control of his illness from his electronic agenda."I developed out of hours, in a personal sphere; I built my computer version of the self -control book and gradually add improvements," Fer says.

Thus the glucocontrol application was born in 2002.Shortly after, its creator decided to share it, created a web page where the application hung and the program began to spread through the forums dedicated to diabetes: "Today there have been more than 50,000 downloads of the program from the official website, which has about 5,000 registered people. "

At the same time, in Germany, Alf Windhorsst -"My Twin Soul", according to Fer-, a German diabetic and computer scientist followed the same path.In 2003 an application for disease control hung on the network.There was a substantial difference between the two processes: the company for which Alf worked out that his program could have a commercial departure.

ALF started to work and discovered that Fer's program was a complete solution for diabetes control and decided to take it as a basis for the commercial version.He contacted the Spanish and created the company Sinovo, to sell Sidiary, the application that resulted from joining the Hispanic -ealemane efforts.

Sidiary was created under premises: it had to be economical and compatible with as much as possible ofdevicesThe idea was not to take out a commercial benefit and ensure that the development could constantly be maintained and to offer assistance to patients, all at the slightest cost.As Fer says: "Make the sustainable application, so that all diabetics can be used and offered computer assistance, requires a strong economic base from which I do not have. But the main idea is still to serve the Diabetics Community."

The result fully satisfies this community, possibly because it has been carried out by one of its members.Of easy and intuitive use, Sidiary works on computers, agendas, laptops and mobile phones.Manages blood glucose values, acetone, intake units and carbohydrates consumed, fast and/or slow -acting insulin injections, blood pressure, weight, etc.Send the data by email and communicate with all mobile devices directly.

Simovo has created a version of the USB program, which allows you to save the data from any computer.They have also created a version for the doctor, with which he receives the patient data directly and control their evolution.

Sidiary can be downloaded from your page and use for free for 30 days.The prices of the different versions available range from 15 to 40 euros.

It is not the only application that exists for this disease;"There are other programs, but they are not as flexible as ours because they are developed by large laboratories, and only offer compatibility with the products that these pharmaceuticals manufacture," says Fernando.Other private, normally American developments are offered at much higher prices;Some reach 300 euros.

A program adapted to very specific needs

The program is very flexible, easy to use and allows you to directly incorporate the data of more than 40 glucose meters, practically all those in the market.Automatically synchronizes the data of all devices, from the agenda to the computer.It has a food database that calculates the effects of each meal on glucose levels, marks if sports has been done with the energy expenditure that supposes or records the evolution of weight, blood pressure and pulse.This allows statistical or trends analysis very quickly and thus visualize the evolution of the user.

Sidiary incorporates a notice system that highlights any deviation from normality.In the case of children and adolescents, an option can be activated that automatically sends parents an SMS if any of the measurements gives an abnormal result.

Given the frequent vision problems they can have, Sidiary has developed a special mode together with blind diabetics;This mode changes the screens to a special optimized environment for special screen readers for people with vision problems.

Also the diabetes that appears during pregnancy can be controlled by Sidiary;Program trends analysis allow us to have a good perspective on the most important parameters and act accordingly before they cause problems.

SIDIARY: www.sidiary.es Sinovo: www.sinovo.es

fer's profile photo
fer
05/31/2007 6:47 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Link to the news published in the country

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
05/31/2007 6:48 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I have diving to the depths of the forum and I have encountered this post.
The "fer" of the news is you, Fer?Are you the creator of Sidiary?

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
11/19/2013 9:02 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

I use this program and it is very good, except ..... who a year ago or so, I triedThis, do you know if the installation in USB is already in Spanish?

Greetings and thanks.

seghom's profile photo
seghom
11/19/2013 9:17 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I had not seen this post ... I have lowered the app, this afternoon I put it into practice, because it looks very good :)

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
11/19/2013 10:38 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Hi @aaandres and @seghom, I see that there is no space for "secrets" on the Internet :-)) :-)) :-)), the answer is that with nuances, for example, what I believed at the time wasThe glucocontrol, a software that Sidiary copied and improved, and then we agreed its evolution with Sidiary, although now I have not been in contact with Sidiary, in fact, there was formerly the Spanish support forum included in this forum, in this forum, inThese moments you can see that it is no longer.

Here I leave a couple of links in case they can help you.

Link
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
11/19/2013 10:42 a.m.

I have tried both personally and I like social diabetes Link

But as in everything it is a matter of taste, I like that in social diabetes if any functionality does not have them and if they see it necessary they include it and are constantly updating the application with improvements.

lauriki's profile photo
lauriki
11/19/2013 10:53 a.m.

Hemo (8/2016):5% - Dexcom G4 - Novorapid Penfill + Toujeo

Well, from here to congratulate you by the part that touches you, both for its conception and its evolution (as far as you arrived).
I am one of those who have bought it to have all the values ​​available on all the devices of the house and I am quite satisfied (there are always things that you would like to implement).

I imagine that it will not have been easy to get rid of the matter.For a computer scientist, their programs are like their creatures, their legacy.Another case of Spanish technology carried out by the German industry?I hope you at least get well stopped in the agreement.

P.D.: As for the Internet there is no room for secrets ... It is easier to find the last issue (which was the position in which it was) than another lost among the 159 pages that the forum has.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
11/19/2013 12:48 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Thank you very much.

The payment was the same as I had after creating and distributing the precursor (glucocontrol), basically seeing that other people used it and served them, this has been the principle with which I have also launched the forum, which serves people, notI am looking for an economic benefit on it, and I am glad that it is.;-)

In any case, thanks again for your words!

fer's profile photo
fer
11/19/2013 2:37 p.m.

Congratulations, Fer.I do not know the program, but I see that it is very useful.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/20/2013 7:47 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I didn't know that Sidiary had Spanish origin and that you, Fer, were the creator along with a German.My congratulations.I met him in September and shortly after using it, I decided to pay the license because he convinced me and although I could use it (with advertising), I thought it was worth contributing my sand granite with the price.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/21/2013 4:06 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I'm going to blush! Thank you, thank you very much!;-)

fer's profile photo
fer
11/21/2013 4:44 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.