{'en': 'How much lows you in each bolus', 'es': 'Cuanto os baja en cada bolo'} Image

How much lows you in each bolus

Andres_Javier's profile photo   08/14/2024 8:23 p.m.

Good, it was to know if it is normal.A week ago they treated me with a quick insulin, the fact is that I am for example in 160 and Apidra I put a unit and that is going down to the beast to 80 figures and going down and I have to pull hydrates.I understood that it drops about 50mg for just one unit, did I hope to get at 110. Anyone else?Is it normal?This despairs me especially at the time of eating, I panic I inject.Thanks for your attention

Andres_Javier's profile photo
Andres_Javier
08/14/2024 8:23 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I clarify 160 stable after hours without eating and of hours without getting fast, basal at night I put 16 units of toujeo.

Andres_Javier
08/14/2024 8:24 p.m.

That is called sensitivity factor and is calculated with a formula
FSI = 1800/ total daily insulin (slow +fast)
I don't know who would invent the formula, which personally seems a bit pilgrim.Not every day we use the same insulin, it depends on what we eat and the exercise we do.In addition, it is not the same to put an empty bolus as with the ongoing digestion, than after exercising.Anyway, it is an approach.
Diabetes has a magical word that is "depends".They are not worth formulas or ratios, blood glucose does not understand those laws and sometimes goes free.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
08/14/2024 8:57 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Thanks for the information !!!!, may be a athlete, weigh a little less than 73 kg, I have little fat ... and the diet is very sensitive to insulin, I had already made the illusion of correcting so easily ...I have been a week and it hurts, it does not struggle to glycemias after eating accurate.What will have happened veterans of this war .. !!!
FSI = 1800/ total daily insulin (slow +fast)
I don't know who would invent the formula, which personally seems a bit pilgrim.Not every day we use the same insulin, it depends on what we eat and the exercise we do.In addition, it is not the same to put an empty bolus as with the ongoing digestion, than after exercising.Anyway, it is an approach.
Diabetes has a magical word that is "depends".They do not use formulas or ratios, blood glucose does not understand those laws and sometimes goes free.

Andres_Javier
08/14/2024 9:04 p.m.

@Andres_javier: If an insulin unit goes down a lot, you should try half a unit

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
08/14/2024 10:51 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

ricki21 said:
@Andres_javier: If an insulin unit lowers you a lot, you should try half a unit

The ball only carries one in one ... there is possibility of some coupling system for half units .... greetings !!!

Andres_Javier
08/14/2024 10:55 p.m.

The same insulin does not always make the same effect.
It depends on many factors.
Your body weight at that time ... more kilos, more insulin.
If you have sport that same day, or even 24 hours earlier, it will make it lower glucose.
If you have an infection of the type, you may not even notice the glucose.
This is not an exact science.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
08/14/2024 11:58 p.m.

There are bolis of half units, talk to it with your endocrine.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
08/14/2024 11:59 p.m.

Andres_javier said:
clarified 160 stable after hours without eating and hours without getting fast, basal for the nights I put 16 units of toujeo.
You will have to upload the slow ... but for a rise and small you should not make changes, wait for at least a couple of days to go a unit.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
08/15/2024 12:01 a.m.

It's a bit as colleagues say.There are times that I am in 180 and I want to rectify with 3 units and I do not lower me more than 50 and others with 2 units I downloaded to the best 100-120
I suppose it will depend on many factors: exercise, food, stress, infections, etc ...
What I do is that after putting the fast (especially with the rectifications) during the next 2-3 hours I am pending in case I have to eat something else.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
08/19/2024 8:21 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.