Pregnancy and insulin pump

mons's profile photo   01/22/2008 11:01 a.m.

Hello!I did not know this forum and I see that it is very interesting ... I really have been reading for almost an hour.
I am diabetics six years ago (I have 28) and today we have gone to the endocrine since we have decidedIn the doctor they have told me that this would be one of the last options and of course ... so much effort to be well knowing that with the bomb is easy ... I don't know, what do you think?Maybe I'm too pessimistic, but if they go so well ... to wait ...
Montse

mons's profile photo
mons
01/22/2008 11:01 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Mons !!!
I carry insulin bomb since I got pregnant, Nov06 .... I went well with her in pregnancy, and now I continue with her.

The reason why your endo has told you not to the bomb at the moment is that your hospital is more expensive the treatment ... unique and exclusively.You can be well controlled with Lantus, Levemir ... but if you want the bomb you are an suitable candidate to grant it to you.

I encourage, and if you achieve good control with bolis, insist !!!

anuski's profile photo
anuski
04/21/2008 2:35 p.m.

Hi Anuski beautiful, I just wanted to greet you.10 months and to the greatest, within nothing to prepare the cake with the candle, I hope you take off the mucos soon and you can rest.

A kiss and forgiveness for the interference that I am neither pregnant nor I have bomb;)

mani05's profile photo
mani05
04/21/2008 6:32 p.m.

Hi Mani !!!: D
I'm glad to see you here too, thank you and you can enter here ... of course ... also it has a bomb, right?Well wing, reason more;)
How is that handsome even?
It is true that the very fast time passes, ehhh, you also know it, and if, at all his first birthday and I still remember when I was with the roundwood, ... hehe
A big kiss for you, for Nico and for Nacho.

anuski's profile photo
anuski
04/22/2008 8:06 a.m.

What a funny Anuski, Nico has a bomb but I don't think he is going to get pregnant :))

I am also glad to see you here, in the former I hardly wrote because I did not feel comfortable at all.

My children are very good, already talking about the elbows, now it's all mom hey, mom oyeeeeee, both at the same time and I trying to pay attention to both with the head from one side to another, crazy but theworse.Peeero I have not yet managed to take away the pacifier, my mother what is costing me, to see if from here to summer I get it.You now have the stage of starting to walk that for me it was the most exhausting, but it is very pleased to see how they are progressing even if the kidneys are destroyed :))

A little kiss for both.

mani05's profile photo
mani05
04/22/2008 8:02 p.m.

Man, you're right ... pregnancy doesn't go with him ... hehe

So you have two charlatans, so you don't get bored, you have to be great, ... and will you have every question, right?Let's see if the analytics do well to both of them, I also go tomorrow in principle, and but on Friday, for the thyroid alone.

I'm already mentalizing with starting walking .... :))

A kiss at 3

anuski's profile photo
anuski
04/23/2008 7:46 p.m.

Well, Anuski, Prado has written that they put the bomb when you became pregnant, you will see me too and the truth is that I am a little scared, because my controls are good (removing the descents) and the truth is that I am afraid that I am afraid thatThey do not get over with the basal and the thing is faded.

How did you go to you? Look, I have the hem very Justilla, 7, and I think I can't afford to go up much more ...

Well you'll tell me when you have a ratillo.

mari's profile photo
mari
05/21/2008 12:52 p.m.

Debut 2002
Amo la insulina...ella me ayuda a seguir viviendo

Mari, in my case I did not break down just, at least my hem followed the same.
I did not have the typical declines that many have, before changing to the bomb I was with Levemir, and when I found out of pregnancy the trend was uploaded.
They put it being 6 or 7 weeks I don't remember fixed, but we immediate, although I was also afraid to make the change at that time, but we were going to have to change to NPH ... and of course I do not regret having chosen the bomb.
They controlled me first weekly for 2 weeks and then every 15 days, then every month ... my endo porto wonderful.

When do they put it?Ask me what you want, and if my case serves you then great.Good luck.

anuski's profile photo
anuski
05/21/2008 2:23 p.m.

Well look at Anuski, the same thing happens to me, I am with Levemir and they put me NPH or the pump and as the pump courses I already have them, we decided that the bomb, nph or speak.

On Friday they give me the bomb to start touching it .... so I think that more or less in 10 days I have been placed.

The truth is that I needed to hear something like that, someone who pregnant and not before put on the bomb and also and without decompensations.

Ayyyyyyyyyyyy what joy pal body !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:))

And do not hesitate that I am going to riddle questions !!!!!!!!!!: D

Thanks and kisses ...

mari's profile photo
mari
05/21/2008 3:45 p.m.

Debut 2002

Hello good...
Mali Mari, you'll see how you're going to be even better ...
Kisses for all and especially for Taty ....

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/23/2008 4:34 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Mari, how are you?
You already have the bomb, which have you given you?
I see you all the weekend disrupting her.
You can try where to put it, to see where you find it more comfortable to carry, I took her in pregnancy very well in the chest, now impossible because I don't have ...
Account, count.

anuski's profile photo
anuski
05/23/2008 8:28 a.m.

Well, I already have it at home and controlled, because they gave me a simulator first, but they don't put it on June 10 ...
They have given me the accu check spirit, the truth is that it is very simple .. and I cannot put it because they have not given me a clamp !!!!!!!!

Well, the first problem, I have all off it, but it turns out that insulin does not come out !!!!.And quite a lot of bubbles in the catheter (they are small).

Velia, my girl's girl !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:))

mari's profile photo
mari
05/23/2008 1:11 p.m.

Debut 2002

Well, I have already resolved it, I have realized that the embol was not pushing ....: Oops:

mari's profile photo
mari
05/23/2008 2:02 p.m.

Debut 2002

Hello everyone in the first place, it is the first time I enter this thread and wanted to greet you.: D
And secondly, tell Mons not to worry, that if he wants the bomb, he is a perfect candidate, he just has to request it from his endo, if he refuses, you tell him that you will consult it with the lawyer of your Diabetics Association and you will seeHow fast do you get it. Some professionals, do it cost them to do the daughter bomb, what are we going to do ...
Anyway I hope you get it good.
I put on the bomb in May 2006 and a year I had my son, the same day and everything, what a coincidence :)) and since then I am delighted with her, despite some isolated inconvenience.
Courage and kiss to everyone

Samira's profile photo
Samira
07/30/2008 7:10 a.m.

Hello everyone !!!I am considering pregnancy.
I am DM1 for 23 years.I have the Hemo at 7.4 currently.
Do you think that postprandials can be improved with the insulin pump?
I managed to lower the Hemo 1 year ago to 6.5-6.7, but of course with its consequent hypoglycemia ...
I want to consider my endocrine.
I know it is a expensive system ... I don't know if it will put on many problems or not, but of course I do I see it essential ...

Celii's profile photo
Celii
03/14/2019 6:30 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.