Laser alternative

DiabetesForo's profile photo   04/18/2008 10:54 a.m.

Today "speaking" with JV I have agreed of a news that I had read about the complications of the most feared diabetes, I think, for all of us, so I have looked for her again and here I leave her.Of course, as it is always a matter of waiting ...

Two new diabetic retinopathy therapies will be experienced in humans:
- A group of researchers from the University of Nuevo Mexico has discovered that some substances (protease inhibitors) are able to slow down the proliferation of new blood vessels (when blood glucose levels are high, vessels that transport blood toThe eyes lose their efficiency and the organism produces new ones to guarantee the contribution of oxygen to the eye tissues but this new network can alter the proper functioning of the retina and therefore it is necessary to eliminate them by means of laser therapy currently not exempt from collateral effects).

- The second group of researchers (American biotechnological multinational) is studying, on the contrary, a substance that has the ability to inhibit the growth of new vessels (PEDF molecule).

The two substances have already been experienced in laboratory animals, now it is about evaluating their effectiveness and safety in humans.

Source: American Diabetes Association

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/18/2008 10:54 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you for informing us ... I never read news, my only source are you.

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
04/18/2008 11:23 a.m.

Man thank you very much for the information, it comforts me a lot, I do I see the news, but they are not soften of the diabetes cosntantly and here if, it also seems that there are people who know a lot, like Katy and it is aware the new things that are coming out, very interesting and thanking ...

By the way Juan Luis ... are your name like !!Won't you call your surname n?If we call me David I would not be extended but, I know few who are called like me, is it a little common name, what country are you?In Spain there are hardly Juan Luises, there are many Jose Luises, who are who usually confuse me!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/18/2008 9:25 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.