Hello, I'm new

DiabetesForo's profile photo   04/26/2008 6:59 a.m.

Hello my name is Jose Luis, I am 54 years old, 10 of DM2 with a beginning of glucose intolerance. Today HB A1c 6.7
At first I managed with diet and exercise (mm little exercise ... and then nothing) and until a few months ago I started medicating with pills, and then we agreed with the doctor and my order, if it would not be better to inject myself insulin to better preserve the better theorgans ...
Thing that an average and I am injecting 12 to 15u once a day that is going well for now.
Some comments will thank you.
Jose Luis

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/26/2008 6:59 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the Jose Luis forum !!

I think it is quite typical in type 2 diabetes that follows the path you comment, that is, it starts through pills and ends with insulin, such as type 1 diabetes, come on.

Surely you find many points in common with other people in the forum.;-)

Greetings,
Fer.

fer's profile photo
fer
04/26/2008 7:06 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Welcome José Luis.It is lucky your awareness with diabetes, because it is quite normal to meet type 2 diabetics that do not take care of themselves.The insulin seems to me a high.Angela's uncle was diagnosed with DM2 and there was no way to contraco her levels or a strict diet or exercise, in the end they chose to put a basal, Lantus, also 12 or 14 units daily, and goes like a silk ....
And what has been said, to continue writing, that your contributions will surely be of great help.
Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/26/2008 7:17 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hi Jose Luis, Welcome.My mother was also type 2, started with pills and then went to insulin.I was type 2 for 9 months, then they realized that it was type 1, and I quickly asked insu, and much better, really.

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
04/26/2008 7:24 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.