Story ... weird !!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   04/28/2008 10:14 a.m.

Seventeen seconds of happiness:
Yesterday, at 14.25, it began to get nervous.Since more than three months, every day he became nervous at the same time, although for different reasons.The first times he felt concern.A unjust close to fear.She
She was not a sophisticated woman, either rich or important.His phone did not sound very often, and when he listened to the electronic version of the waltz of the Nutcracker that distinguished it from the other mobiles of the office, he used to find on the screen the same names, his mother, his thread, his former command, his sisterMajor, her little sister, her best number one friend and her best friend number two.When he answered a hidden number, it was always a teleoperator who sold something.Therefore, the first time does not even take off.It was a sunny Monday of January, at 14.40 exactly.The second see did not even look at the time, but e!Third day he realized that it was the third day, hidden number, 14.40.What an insistent Teleoperator, it was said, if it calls me again, I take out.But he didn't.The fourth call was again on Monday, still January, it rained.The Wednesday, the Waltz of the Nutcracker sounded again at 14.40, and finally pressed the green key.
Lsit, ask and don't hear anything.Yes, he repeated again, and a second, two, five, six, nine, twelve, fourteen, seventeen.At seventeen, whoever he would have called, hung.She was so afraid that it didn't even occur to him that he could have done it before.All the crimes films he had seen in his life gathered in his memory for a moment.His hands were trembling, his legs were trembling, his lips were shaking.She is a psychopath, she thought, a murderer, comes for me, is notifying me ... what happens to you?, The secretary of the chief of production looked at her with very open eyes when she saw her enter the bathroom, you are very pale, are you wrong?She washed her face with cold water before speaking, and then told her what had happened, with such sincerity, so much vehemence, that she even bothered the smile she received in return.But let's see, I gasped7, that girl asked.No, she answered.False strange noises, has he threatened you, has told you obscenities, has you put some music?No, either.Actually, I hadn't even heard him breathe.
Upon returning to his table, the secretary of the secretary could not be believed
of the head of production.My former command, of course.It would be unable to do something like that, he said.Well, it would be another, he heard in return, but only the lovers do.No, she objected, a lover would speak., Why? Replied his partner, maybe, the only thing he intends is to know that every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, at 14.40, you are connected to him in some way, that you are doing the same, that you take care ofHe although you don't even know.
EI.Friday, 14.40, his phone rang again.And it sounded on Monday, and CI Wednesday, and the following Friday, fifteen, twenty -two, nineteen seconds.At that heights, Rita, the confidant of the bathroom, had already become her best number three friend, and was sure that her lover worked in the same company.How could I have got your number, but?Thus, for almost three months, those calls articulated his life.He got used to looking at all the men with whom he crossed in that huge building, got used to falling asleep every night thinking about how it would be, and recovered that thought every morning with e!breakfast.He wasn't in a hurry, either.Sometimes I thought it would be better to continue so forever, never change that illusion for a disappointment.And then, in mid -March, he stopped receiving three calls a week, at 14.40, from a hidden number.
He calculated that it would be Holy Week, but the holidays were over and his mobile remained mute.Di waltes of the NutcrackerHe sounded only for his mother, his son, his CX command, his three best friends, and those calls did not count.What happened? Wondering at all hours, what happened to you?He will have fallen in love with another, he would have reconciled with his girlfriend, he would have returned with his wife, he would have had an accident ... No, not that.He couldn't bear the idea that he could have died without having met him.And so on one day, and another, and another, one week, and another.So until yesterday, when Ci Pito of the SMS rang, at 14.43, even if it was Tuesday.
It cannot be, it was said while taking the mobile, it cannot be, when entering the corresponding menu, it cannot be, seeing that the message was of a hidden number, it cannot be ... I'm sorry.I have been in the hospital. I am diabetic.
Today, at 14.40, he has returned to seventeen seconds of happiness ..

Almudena Grande (Inner staircase) L

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/28/2008 10:14 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Kalua, I also read it in the country's supplement, and I stayed:-/, I don't know what message I wanted to convey ... Did I have just debuted and that's why I had been in the hospital? ... was I in the hospital becauseThe diabetics from time to time pass a temportadita there? ... Now that I knew that it was a diabetic dared to speak? ... How was diabetic had changed the day of the week to call it?:( ... Anyway, like you, it seemed strange, I don't know why you chose diabetes ...

DiabetesForo
04/28/2008 1:15 p.m.

Mmmm, because I entertained me in scanning and hitting it first because in "literature" the theme "Diabetes" appears very rarely, and it seemed to me that it could be fun to collect authors and works and ... because it surprised me ... it is trueThat is strange!

Anyway, that the author perhaps at the end of writing had that smiles that you also know;)

Greetings !!

DiabetesForo
04/29/2008 5:28 a.m.

Jo Kalua because it is weird yes.

I have read it all intrigued and when I have read the end I have stayed: shock :, It has happened to me as I do not have the most remote idea of ​​why it has chosen to be diabetic, but well it has been fine, thank you very much and thank you very much andIt seems to me a good idea of ​​putting stories with this topic that is true that it is not usually found.

mani05's profile photo
mani05
05/05/2008 7:08 p.m.

Hello man,

I'm glad that you have been interested/liked, see if we manage to make a compilation.

As soon as I have a scanning moment and copy a fragment of a novel by García Márquez where one of the characters is diabetic.

I also remember, but vaguely, and this is the problem, of a book by Luis Sepúlveda where this issue was mentioned, it is enough that I remember the title
: (((

DiabetesForo
05/06/2008 10:02 a.m.

Of the "Colonel has no one to write" (Gabriel García Márquez)

Don Sabas is one of the characters in the book, rich, "bad" and diabetic.The story takes place in a town very similar to what years later and thanks to a hundred years of solitude it would become famous, Macondo, and Aureliano Buendía, patriarch of the saga in one hundred years is already mentioned ..
The story must pass there for one thousand nine hundred and fifty -many, (García Márquez does not specify but gives clues) and tells the story of an old colonel waiting, day after day, to receive the letter to announce the granting of his pension for havingparticipated in the civil war in his country, but the letter ... never arrives

"Thank you compadre," said Acodado in the window."I prefer to wait for escampe."Don Sabas did not close the closet.He settled on the desk inside the orbit of the electric fan.Then he extracted from the drawer a hypodermic syringe wrapped in cotton.The colonel contemplates the leading almond trees through the rain.It was a deserted afternoon.
“You will see the doctor, compadre,” said Don Sabas.You are a bit funeral from burial day.
The colonel raised his head.
"I'm perfectly well," he said.
Don Sabas I hope that the syringe boiled "if I could say the same", I'm sorry." You can eat a copper stirrup."
Don Sabas called his wife through the door that communicated the office with the rest of the house.Then he initiated a sore explanation of his diet.
He extracted a bottle of the shirt pocket and put on the desk a white pill the size of a bean grain.
"It's a martyrdom to walk with this everywhere," he said. It's like loading death in your pocket.
The colonel approached the desk.I examine the pill in the palm of the hand until when Don Sabas invited him to savor it.
-It is to sweeten coffee-explain. is sugar, but without sugar.
"Of course," said the colonel, the saliva impregnated with a sad sweetness.It is something like play but without bells-
Don Sabas fell to the desk with his face in his hands after his wife applied the injection.The colonel did not know what to do with his body.The woman disconnected the electric fan, put it on the armored box and then went to the closet. "

DiabetesForo
05/07/2008 10:44 a.m.

Now I was wondering what year did "insulin" invented?
I didn't have to be far from one thousand nine hundred and fifty, right?
Does anyone know?It's curiosity: Oops:
Peace

DiabetesForo
05/07/2008 2:10 p.m.

Nicholas Paulescu, in 1921, Paz.

I have searched for it in the Google, Jijiji.

Health

DiabetesForo
05/07/2008 3:27 p.m.

Thanks Alea.It seems a lie that only 87 years ago we have it.I hope we don't have to wait as many to see the solution of this.
Peace

DiabetesForo
05/07/2008 3:45 p.m.

Hooooooola to all !!!!!!!

Well, I have been surprised by the story, Kalua ...

I have been looking for a story that I found for a forum a long time ago, but the truth is that I can't find it ...

Maybe someone sounds and can help me ...

I think it was a real story, entitled "History of M" ...

In the first person, like a man, about 50 years old, he had met a woman at a party, from whom he had fallen in love ... it turns out that this woman was diabetic and he told how he had discovered the meaning of everythingThis, the admiration that caused him ..., did it in such a special way that I decided
I do not remember the name of the woman, but it began with "m", ... hence the title ...

The fact is that I have tried to look for that story now, xo I am incapable or maybe it is too big to me !!!!!

This post about stories very interesting !!!

Jose!!!'s profile photo
Jose!!!
05/08/2008 5:53 a.m.

Hi, Jose !!!, Welcome.

Well, the fact is that that story of m sounds to me, but I can't remember.
Let's see if any of the foreros has the clearest ideas.

Juan Luis, wouldn't it be yours?

Well, surely if someone knows, he will tell you.

Greetings

DiabetesForo
05/08/2008 6 a.m.

..... I also find this thread very interesting and I hope that Jose finds that story because I would very much like to read it ..... we will look ....: Shock:

DiabetesForo
05/08/2008 6:06 a.m.

No, mine is not ... if it seems very good to collect stories ... I have searched one but I have not found it.It really is not a story, it really is a thing of a chapter of Frasier, I do not know if you followed it .... it turns out that Niles's woman, who never comes out (like Colombo's wife), is a woman of the mostRare that you can imagine, and with the most diverse diseases ... guess what one of them is?... or at least I thought that after hearing in an episode that could not give him chocolates because it was diabetic ... Well, looking for that story I have found that this character what really was "hypoglycemic" ... where they will have takenThe bendingers that it was diabetic.
Another curious thing that I remember is an agatha novel where the deceased was killed with insulin, specifically the novel was called "The crooked house" and is written in 1949.

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
05/08/2008 9:33 a.m.

Hello José, what anger, hey, in short to see if we can find the story together, look to see if more data comes to mind

Colombo ... how strong !!, as I like that man, with that gabardina, that dog, that car, .. his wife for noses had to be at least ... fantastic ... hehe.
Ufff, the Christie, the Molino publishing house and its "Gold Library" ... what times those ..., look how to apologize more to dust off the collection !!

DiabetesForo
05/08/2008 10:53 a.m.

Good again !!!!!

Hey, thank you very much for trying to find it: P !!!!!

Yes, I think this weekend I will try again with the hard drive of my old computer, which is where that story was undoubtedly trapped, Xo looks that I took him to a store and told me that he could not recover anything ...

(Mental note: backup, backup, security cpia ...: Shock :, hehejjee)

Jose!!!'s profile photo
Jose!!!
05/09/2008 7:46 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.