Half of the Argentine diabetics are not controlled

fer's profile photo   05/18/2008 4:35 a.m.

It seems to me a worrying news, and one of the reasons why this forum exists, that people know the importance of a good self -control and help avoid the problems that it can cause not to control.

half of the Argentine diabetics are not controlled

More than half of the diabetics in Argentina do not fulfill the control of their glycemia for better disease surveillance, while 65% suffer from chronic complications such as blindness, cardiovascular conditions and kidney problems in adult life.

This was stated yesterday in Buenos Aires experts in diabetes, a disease that suffers from 8.5% of the country's adult population, that is, about 2 million people, a figure that could increase by 150% by 2030 without the application ofprevention strategies.

According to experts, in the world a person with diabetes dies every 10 seconds and every half minute a leg is amputated to patients with that evil, usually due to injuries in the lower limbs that do not manage to recover.

The Platense Juan José Gagliardino, a collaborator in Diabetes for the WHO and researcher at CONICET, warned that "it is possible to prevent complications" through the fulfillment of the controls required by the disease and the changes of life that demand a specific diet and physical activity.

fer's profile photo
fer
05/18/2008 4:35 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Fer, I'm afraid that in Argentina they do not enjoy social security like ours.
There the "social works" do not subsidize how consumables here, at least not in sufficient quantity, so the problem is not only that people are aware, but that the means for that self -control are given.

With all its defects, social security in Spain is a privilege that I do not know if we value enough.

Greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/18/2008 1:30 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, you are right, I had not fallen into that, social security (with its pros and cons) is an essential resource for people's health ...

fer's profile photo
fer
05/19/2008 6:47 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.