{'en': 'Excess insulin?', 'es': 'Exceso de insulina?'} Image

Excess insulin?

Axeelf97's profile photo   09/01/2024 10:37 p.m.

Good afternoon everyone!I am diagnostic diabetic diagnosed relatively recently, in November 2023. I am currently using 18 units of slow insulin (glargine) at night, and fast insulin in all meals.The doubt is that in my opinion I have to use a lot of insulin fast to keep me at bay .. about 8 units of fast insulin at lunch/dinner, and 5 or 6 units in snack/breakfast.Perhaps this is normal but seeing other cases, I see that they only use 2 or 4 units.As for food, I take great care, but like many integral things (integral pizzas, integral Budin, etc.) will it be for that reason?Do you have any consequence to use so much insulin?With that insulin I am handling values ​​of between 120 and 190 mg/dl, from time to time I make 250 peaks as a maximum when I exceed eating.greetings!

Axeelf97's profile photo
Axeelf97
09/01/2024 10:37 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have been using 20-30 units of fast at each meal and no problem for 30-30 years.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/01/2024 10:59 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

We should not compare ourselves with other diabetics.Each has a sensitivity to its own and particular insulin, therefore, each one has a need for personal insulin.
You do not have better or less insulin to need better or worse.You have to put on what you need for your lifestyle.
The rapid also responds to the HC rations that your meals have.Less rations, less insulin.The food style you carry is a personal decision.I personally prefer to restrict hydrates because it seems to me that I am wrong less and I present less variability.Other foros do not restrict hydrates and handle it great, as you can see, there is no universal rule.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
09/02/2024 11:47 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Types I are the worst 😜 when controlling ourselves, our pancreas is not available to correct errors.We produce very little insulin.
The fast you get is perfectly normal, even less than normal for a type I.
I suppose that being starting your pancreas still produces some more insulin, it is also very likely that you do sports and that shows a lot in the doses.And if you are thin, even more.
Here are many people with diabetes, let's say easier to control and with magnificent controls.
Each person is different.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
09/02/2024 2:23 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.