Diabetic footwear

ignatius's profile photo   06/12/2008 2:42 p.m.

CALZASANO, S.L.It has begun to distribute in Spain the therapie footwear, special for diabetic feet and people affected by other evils such as arthritis, arterial hypertension, circulatory problems (venous and chronic arterial insufficiency), obesity and smoking ...

The feet are the most remote part of the heart and, because of this, it is a particularly sensitive point in case of circulatory problems.This is aggravated when there are other circumstances, such as diabetes.Although diabetes is the cause of many serious complications, such as renal failure and blindness, it is the lesions of the foot that charged a greater number of victims.In fact, 70% of lower limb amputations are related to diabetes.

People with diabetes have a high risk of nerve injuries (neuropathy) and blood irrigation problems (ischemia).Both problems can lead to foot ulcers and wounds that are cured slowly and their infection can end in amputation.In fact, most amputations begin with a foot ulcer

In developed countries, up to 5% of people with diabetes have foot ulcers and one in six people with diabetes will have an ulcer throughout their lives.Foot problems are the most common cause of hospital admission to people with diabetes.

Frequently, people with nerve injuries suffer wounds because they do not feel sufficient pain to warn that there are problems.Many ulcers are caused by a pebble in a shoe, by the internal seams of the footwear, by sharp objects that have been able to cross the sole of the shoe, by ampoules produced by a shoe too tight or by burns.Walking barefoot greatly increases the risk of serious injuries because people can step on a sharp object or stumble, damaging their fingers.

Once the nerves are injured due to diabetes, sensitivity cannot be recovered.Insensitive feet need to protect themselves from abnormal pressure that, if not avoided, will cause ulcers again.The treatment consists of reducing pressure.There are many available therapies, which range from simple bed to the use of mechanisms such as special plaster.When blood irrigation fails, treatments can be applied that discourage blood vessels or that improve blood flow.Foot infections should be treated with appropriate antibiotics, if they are available.Sometimes it is also necessary to remove infected tissues.

Therapie footwear has been developed by technological institutes to adapt exactly to what a diabetic foot needs.This is what differentiates it from other shoes.Among its characteristics, it should be noted that it is completely padded, which provides maximum comfort;It has beef leather lining, without seams, to avoid injuries;The buttress is reinforced to avoid heel deviations;The ample last prevents fingers in the fingers and allows the use of its own templates when necessary;The flat sole, 100% solid, provides balance when walking and is equipped with points to absorb the impacts on the heel and metatarsal;In addition, it is served with two templates (only one or both can be used, depending on the needs of each person): a magnetic, which improves bloodstream and temperature and an antibacterial, which provides a better adjustment.

Therapie shoes are already selling successfully in countries such as Canada, the United States and various Latin American countries.The points of sale in Spain can be found on page .

ignatius's profile photo
ignatius
06/12/2008 2:42 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

There is one thing that I do not understand and that bothers especially:

Why, to sell something, first put the list of everything that can happen to a diabetic, emphasizing complications?

You will see, my Lord, to prevent all that, the only thing that really works is good control of the disease.

I understand that diabetics are for you a good source of income, especially if you are scared enough, but I think it's not right.It is not ethical to put those photos of shattered feet to sell more, insinuating that, perhaps, using its footwear, would we avoid it?

For a diabetic it is worth any shoes that are comfortable, to perspire and do not damage, without the need for any "diabetic" label.It is a matter of common sense.

The mere fact of calling "therapy" its footwear already indicates the wrong meaning of "cure", and there is no shoes that heals those injuries.

Of course, I suppose that the mere fact that it is "special for diabetics" will make the price also "special", I'm afraid.

Anyway, I don't spread anymore.I would simply like you to see us as a good source of extra income.

Greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/12/2008 3:39 p.m.

Dear Alea:

Excuse me if I have bothered it.The truth is that the information sent corresponds to a press release and probably should not have put all that information in the forum, since it is sufficiently known in this area.With respect to footwear, I will tell you that it is special for diabetics.It is manufactured in Mexico, after several years of research, totally documented.That is why its qualification is being processed as a medical product in Canada, the United States (Medicare) and now, in Europe.

Of course, there are more appropriate shoes for diabetics, but, as happens with everything, some are more than others.As for prices, they are the usual in footwear.In fact, of those sold in the shoe stores of Calzasano are in the middle zone (and it must be taken into account that an important percentage are transport expenses to Spain).In this sense, as you can see, it is not an extra source of income, because there are several brands with which we obtain greater benefits.

Our company is dedicated to marketing healthy footwear, appropriate for different ailments.In its day we locate the therapie (the name was already put; it is not our thing, but it seems appropriate, since, according to the Royal Academy, therapy is the part of the medicine that teaches the precepts and remedies for the treatment of diseases) and we have incorporated them into our catalog.

In any case, I reiterate our apologies if it has felt annoying and is available.

ignatius's profile photo
ignatius
06/12/2008 4:36 p.m.

I love ... I have diabetes and I don't have a diabetic foot.
I don't know if I understand:-/

The diabetic foot is a ailment that have some people with diabetes. The reason for this ailment is a lack of care, a poor wound cure and mainly a poor glycemic control.

The incidence figures of complications already know them all.Some also know that it is difficult to find two equal "diabetic feet", since wounds or ulcers can occur in very different areas (for example in the instep and not only in the heel or plant) ... therefore I miss me thatA serial manufactured shoe can easily adapt to very specific needs.

Surely the shoe is very good ... but from there it is a shoe for diabetics ... if it will be a good shoe for all people.

To finish: except insulin, oral antidiabetics, glucometers and brownie: p ... There are no diabetic products, there is not one one.

DiabetesForo
06/12/2008 5:05 p.m.

Especially the brownie :)) :)) :)) :))

DiabetesForo
06/14/2008 11:49 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.