Ketone bodies

DiabetesForo's profile photo   07/03/2008 7:11 a.m.

Let's see if you can clarify something that I still don't understand very well about ketone bodies.
Noe lately has been maintaining very good values, between 80 and 200 maximum.Last night he lying with 196, at 3 in the morning he was 143 and has risen with 108. In the first urine in the morning I made a strip of ketone and has given me debil positive, two hours after breakfast I was 206 andI have taken the opportunity to measure the blood ketone bodies and it has 0.1 mmol, that is, it is fine, but why do I get positive for the urine?She last night drew about three rations of hydrates.I would thank you if you could clarify something.Thanks and kisses.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/03/2008 7:11 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If there are ketones with high glycemias, it is that insulin is missing.
If there are ketones with low glycemias, hydrates are missing.
There may also be ketones due to some similar infection or alteration (fever, vomiting, etc.)

In general, it is advised to increase insulin and administer fast hydrates, as well as eliminate fats and rest.

Health

DiabetesForo
07/03/2008 9:04 a.m.

Hello good!!!!The weak ketone bodies when rising can be due to fasting, absence of HC, s at night and usually corrected with breakfast.Surely it will not be important that the rest of the day give normal .... Let's see what Arroyo tells you, but it is sure to be normal.
Besinos

Velia's profile photo
Velia
07/03/2008 3:11 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thank you very much, girls.More or less that I thought, too many hours without eating or few rations at dinner, the truth is that it is the first time that happens.I will be attentive.Thank you.Kisses.

DiabetesForo
07/04/2008 5:03 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.