Glycemia after exercise

juandipichardo's profile photo   09/10/2008 5:24 a.m.

I would like someone to answer the following issue.

A few days ago I began to exercise (specifically swimming) in the morning.And the last two mornings The same thing happened to me:

- Glycemia around 180 on an empty stomach, before exercise.
- Not breakfast or put the insulin.
- After exercise, and before breakfast, glycemia above 250.
- I put insulin and breakfast, and from there, at food and normal glycemia.

How is it possible to raise blood glucose with exercise?
Can it be due to the temporary release of glucagon deposits that occurs during physical activity?

Thank you

juandipichardo's profile photo
juandipichardo
09/10/2008 5:24 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Do you get the control as soon as you lift yourself?

Do it half an hour after seeing what happens.

There is some literature that speaks that above 200 it should not be exercised, although it is normal that from 250 the acetone appears.

I understand that the insulin you comment is quickly.

Normally, at the end of the exercise, blood glucose tends to rise moderately.

In any case, each person is a world.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/10/2008 7:59 a.m.

I copy you two paragraphs referring to sugar climbs after exercise, which seem to me that they are very interesting and I link the page.

I hope it helps you.

"Short duration exercises: They are sports such as weightlifting, speed tests, etc.

They are associated with a high degree of body stress;In them, glucose consumption is lower than the production of hyperglycemic hormones and, bearing, the hyperglycemic effect predominates. "

"Exercise induced hyperglycemia
The implementation of an exercise induces the appearance of nerve impulses from the exercise zone to the central nervous system, which triggers a response of hypergiucemic hormones, such as glucagon, cortisol, etc., thus favoring the contribution of energy substances, among others, blood glucose.The reason for this hormonal response is especially due to the fact that during exercise increases energy needs and the body must favor these needs.
In people with diabetes these response are also produced but are not favored by insulin balance as in healthy people;The presence of these hormones and the increase in glucose levels (hyperglycemia) are related to the intensity and duration of the exercise, and the previous training of the individual. "

I link your arrtic, it's very good:

Link ... cd = 2 & amp; gl = is

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/10/2008 8:07 a.m.

Thanks Eryiye

Very interesting

juandipichardo
09/11/2008 8:21 a.m.

I have a friend who walks fast for an hour and the sugar goes up and yet with swimming he lowers considerably.My daughter is also lowered by swimming, riding by bike, running ... In any case, each one is affected by different ways so it is to measure yourself before and after to see what effect it produces in one and thus act asOne way or another.And what Owash says, from 250 avoid intense exercise.
Health

Velia's profile photo
Velia
09/12/2008 7:04 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thanks Velia

Greetings for you and a great kiss to your daughter

juandipichardo
09/12/2008 9:27 a.m.

I exercise in the afternoon, about 7 or so, before I cannot because I work, I usually run, walk and do Step or Aerobic in gym and always rises with the exercise, at a different level according to glycemia prior to exercise.If I am in the range of 80 to 120 before the exercise, not as nothing or do anything else but I am more than 120 I have to eat three cookies and put some insulin.That was what the endocrine told me, at that time of the afternoon and the rapid lunch insulin is more than liquidated and the slow one I put in the night playing to an end.Anyway, we talk about the rapid that is the one that puts sugar in the cells with insulin.What happens?, Since there is no insulin in the body, by doing moderate physical exercise, sugar cannot burn, there is no transport to the cells so it rises in blood.Then you have to be careful because at least to me, that I have a half and a half, I almost do not wear a quick insulin for dinner.
Surely it is what happens to you, fasting and without eating or putting insulin, it is clear that the sugar cannot be put in the cells and uploads, there is also the dawn of the morning, that is, there are a series of morning hyperglycemic hormonesPhysiological form and everything meets.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
11/05/2016 4 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.