About vaccine

luismisa's profile photo   09/29/2008 4:03 p.m.

Good afternoon/nights.
I have read some messages about the flu vaccine, and I have to say that on the last visit to the pediatrician-endocrine he has told us that we do not hesitate to vaccinate our daughter, for being the risk diabetics for this, just like the elderlyAnd babies.
Well, apart from this, I wanted to comment that my daughter at two hours of dinner has the sugar over 100-120, as she has a slow insulin (lantus) that takes effect 24 hours, we give her a small supplement (averageGalleta, half yogurt, etc), I insist very little to avoid a bitoglucemia while sleeping at night, and in the morning it dawns with levels of 200 sugar.Some tell me that it would not have to be supplement, others tell me that the one who dawns with so much is because of the rebound effect of having had hypoglycemia during the night.We are a bit confused about it.Aguien would know how to explain this and even advise myself about it?
Well to another and mood and good luck for everyone.Chao

luismisa's profile photo
luismisa
09/29/2008 4:03 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi LouisMisa:
I attach a small article about the "phenomenon of dawn" that I think can guide you a bit about what may be happening to you.

Somogy effect and Alba phenomenon

In both cases there are hyperglycemia in the morning.

To differentiate them, it is recommended to measure the morning blood glucose between 2H.and 4h.a.m.

In the Alba phenomenon, blood glucose will be high and the night insulin dose will have to be increased because there has been a progressive increase in blood glucose.

In the Somogy effect there are hypoglycemia at 2 in the morning due to an excessive dose of night insulin and to compensate it the body tries to raise the levels released by greater

amount of glucose.The treatment in this case is to reduce the dose of night insulin.
I hope it will help you.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/29/2008 5:13 p.m.

Hello LouisMisa.We vaccinate Angela every year precisely for having a chronic disease.
With respect to your other question what Jose tells, measure at night to see if the possible hypos that produce a rebound at dawn.Or the effect of dawn, which is a greater insulin requirement at dawn, I don't know if because a hyperglycemic hormone of growth acts.You will also know if so, measuring glycemia a couple of times at night.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/01/2008 5:22 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Luismisa, because the same thing happens to my girl, she gets up in 200. As I recommended some foreras I have echoed glycemias at 12,2,4 and 6 and I have not caught niguna hiccumTo climb, I mean that it will be the alba effect, that by the way I have to say to the end to see how to correct that ...
That of the hiccup rebound effect and that traced alone gave me panic so I am one night in the week, by the way touches: (((

dulce's profile photo
dulce
10/04/2008 10:34 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.