Insulin deposits

Velia's profile photo   10/01/2008 6:40 a.m.

Yesterday I came a little patidifusa of Angela's review.Here they do such controls at 3 or 4 child (always the same), of the same age and with the same treatment, so that they do not feel isolated with this disease and make them a little more pleasant all the all theevidence to which they are submitted.It is pleasant until the ambulance trip from one hospital to another for ophthalmological tests.You can imagine in a collective ambulance 3 restless girls, 3 mothers and the ambulanciero ... oh, that I leave the subject.In this case there are 3 girls with insulin pump.I want to open this thread with a certain prudence because at all I intend to alarm anyone since what happens to Lara is a case, for the moment, isolated and is yet to be determined the cause, although it is very likely that it is because of an incorrect absorption of theInsulin due to the low rotation of the catheter insertion zone (since the girl is afraid to put it somewhere else).As the mother commented, on several occasions the glycemia of the little girl has fallen from figures that are around 500 to figures that are around the "lo" (too low) in few minutes (15 or 20).It seems that the girl is producing insulin accumulations in the area in which the catheter is inserted (visually it is like an inflammation of the area, not a slim, but areas of 10 or 12 cm. Width x 3 or4 cm.
I tell you that I try the subject with prudence because I wanted to confirm this story with the diabetological team of our hospital, but until next week they are out of Cáceres, and the subject seems important to me to advance it and so we can avoid episodes of important hypoglycemia byThis reason, reviewing the insertion zone very well and rotating how much we can.
I mean on the other hand that we have been 3 and a half years with insulin bomb and we have not appreciated any lipodystrophy or any accumulation of anything.Even healing is very good.It also happens with a lot of people with a bomb with whom we relate ... but ........

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/01/2008 6:40 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

The truth is that it seems a bit surprising, precisely one of the great advantages of this system is that it avoids those sudden oscillations in glucose, it gives a lot of stability, so it seems, if I did not understand badly, it has a bad absorption of insulin, maybe I should try other places to put on the catheter, rotate more or change catheter for a longer one ..... Let's see what they tell him because it seems a very serious problem ... you will tell us.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/01/2008 11:25 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Velia, are you from Cáceres? I am new in the forum, and I live in Cáceres, what a coincidence.he he.

Tomorrow I premiere with the bomb, have such.

DiabetesForo
02/11/2010 10:08 p.m.

Hi Erflow, what a surprise !!!! ... yes, we are from Cáceres, they take us in San Pedro ... My husband treats Fidel Enciso and my daughter in Pediatrics ...
You tell me that you are in Cáceres, is your endocrine fidel?If so, you are in good hands, they are very technologically speaking and they do not spare resources, at least for the moment.
If you need anything, here we are ...
Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/12/2010 4:18 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Well, I go to the Virgen de la Montaña, I am with Dr. Pedro Checa, very good endocrine, and very much to use everything in technology.

A year ago, we started with him in an ACCU-CHECK program, with which we sent our daily glycemia to his computer from the mobile.That was very good, but I think they are dehying it a little side, because the most efficient is via mail, also not all the phones were valid.They are now more focused on the smart, which discharges the glycometer data to the PC, and then send it by mail to the endocrine.

And with the theme of the bomb, from the beginning you are interested in putting it on several patients, we have been in several meetings with a representative of Accouck, who has even left us the bomb at home so that we were familiar with it, I without goingfurther I have 2 at home, the Spirit and the combo, that the one that I will be involved is the combo.

DiabetesForo
02/12/2010 2:07 p.m.

Well, I'm going to move to Caceres !!!:)) :)) :))
I've been behind an insulin pump for five years.And I didn't get it for when I wanted to get pregnant !!!!But well, here in Madrid it seems that I have some possibility.If not, then hear, I am serious about Caceres or some other province where it is simpler.

Regarding the issue of the insuffine deposit, it seems very rare and alarming.Tell us how the subject is going when you know Porfi.

Greetings

sweety's profile photo
sweety
02/12/2010 6:16 p.m.

Yes, I have heard of Pedro Checha ... How good that endocrine is involved in this way ...

Sweety, about the deposits.That if you break the insertion zone well you will not have any problem.

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/15/2010 5:02 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.