Hello, I'm new

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/04/2008 10:25 a.m.

I am 63 years old and type 2 diabetes, since I was 40 years old, I have come
having glucose figures in the analyzes that have passed light
Mind of the normal figures, at first they made me a glycemia curve and they told me that it was pre-diabetic, I have continued to do blood analysis 2 or 3 times in the years, looking at me
glyd, glucose, triglyceride and cholesterol hemoglobin and truth
It is that there have been times with higher figures and my greatest concern, but they have never been too high, the truth is that no
I have taken any regime, I have continued eating as if I didn't have
Diabetes, sometimes I have had times that I have respected the intake
of direct sugar, such as cakes, buns, etc., but other times not, and what is true that when I have been worried about diabetes, glucose figures have been much greater than when I have stopped continuously thinking about it later afterOf the summer (which by the way I have not respected the intake of sugar), a few days ago I have begun to take a sugar figures with a finger on the finger and in the morning he gave me about 140, I was taking metformin 850 mg.1/2 pill in the morning and another average at dinner, but I have realized that after eating it is when I get most, at 2 hours after the meal I had 170 and at 3 in the style, so I commentWith the nurse that takes me and the metformin has increased, telling me that I take 1 pill at breakfast and another at dinner and in the morning before yesterday I had 117, but at two hours
After eating it gave me 170. In short, when more
High I have the sugar is after eating to dinner.
So yesterday I decided to start walking quickly for 20 minutes as soon as I finished eating, and something has done, yesterday at
2 hours after eating I gave me 160 and when I went to bed after dinner I was 135.
I think from now on avoiding everything I can, eat, I will continue eating normal, but little fat and sugar.And of course I will try to continue taking a quick walk of 20 minutes as soon as I finished eating.
Excuse me for talking about my diabetes, I know there are much more important cases than mine, you have me at your disposal
For what you want.Greetings to all.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/04/2008 10:25 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, Jomalca.

The first thing I want to tell you is that there are no more or less important cases here.

As for what you tell us, exercise is indeed fundamental, especially in type 2 diabetes.

In type 1, according to my daughter's endocrine, exercise is good to be healthier, as in any non -diabetic person, but in type 2 it is a fundamental part of the treatment.Not using exogenous insulin, it is basic to lower exercise levels.

However, I would also take care of the diet, avoiding fast sugars and fats.

Greetings and welcome to the club.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/04/2008 11:48 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the club, Jomalca!
Here you also have us even what you need ... and encourage the diet and exercise that in your case is essential to obtain better control.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/04/2008 2:32 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.