An atypical case

kathaysa's profile photo   10/06/2008 2:46 p.m.

Hello everyone!!!

Well first of all, sorry for my ignorance because I tell you the truth, I have been reading your cases a little and many of the things sound to Chinese ...

The fact is that last week I was diagnosed with type I diabetes. I hope little by little learning about my new disease and to share my experiences with you.

I start from the beginning, even if I do not make you very heavy ... I come from an anorexia nervosa, I've been in treatment for 4 years, I have done many many barbarities with food and my body, fasting, pills, overload of overloadExercise, etc ... I became very very thin (although I did not see it so at that time), now I have been in Normapeso for two years, making a healthy, balanced diet, regular exercise, ... you can say that I was alreadyStarting to see the light at the end of the tunnel ... when commenting with my doctor who often felt dizziness, tremors, tiredness ... He told me to make me a glycemia curve, and the result was not very good.
He referred me to an endocrine, which told me in view of the analytics that seemed to have type 2 diabetes that had come out at an early age ... that it used to occur ... but I had to do more tests to confirm it.I started to do controls at home, and in almost everyone I was high but without becoming an exaggerated thing ... I almost always was around 250-300 two hours after meals, especially if they were carbohydrates, and 140 the GB.Like sometimes before meals, it went from 200 to 80-70 ... Let's go lacking, but I have never reached peaks greater than 300.
Last week, after seeing the tests, he told me that without Dua it was type I diabetes, which was not the typical form of diagnosing it because they usually give more abrupt climbs.At that moment the world came to me ...

I kept thinking that it could be because of the fasts and others, but he told me not to think that, that it did not have to be so ... I had touched and period.

Now it still has a hard time assimilating it .... I spend the supensensible day, that with nothing they tell me I start crying.

They are still doing evidence, and at first they have put me metformin, to see if I regulate the levels and in a time I do not have to click insulin ... but I do not know ... I have better levels, but I have all the wholeWeek with many nausea and without any appetite, as if for obligation, and I take it to tremble when I have to take the pill, because I know that later a horrible fatigue comes to me ..

Sorry for all this roll that I have released, I suppose I needed to vent and talk to people who understand what I am happening.For me all this is so new ... and so unknown ...

Thanks for having read my story, and I suppose that from now on we will see each other around

kathaysa's profile photo
kathaysa
10/06/2008 2:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Kathaysa, first of all I want to welcome you and tell you that you feel at home, that we are going to help you here.

The second is that you don't blame yourself.Anorexia does not cause diabetes.
In fact, type 1 diabetes is autoimmune (such as allergies), and type 2 has a hereditary-excess of weight and sedentary lifestyle.

That is, nothing to blame.

The insulin, seen from the outside, seems terrible, but I assure you that, when you know more diabetics you will see that the fact of puncturing is not what worries the most.

Look at the good part: insulin does not cause nausea or discomfort.

Surely you have a thousand doubts, so don't worry and ask what you want, you'll find an answer.

A hug and welcome home.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/06/2008 3:41 p.m.

Hi Kathaysa

Look for it in this way, you have already been down and have come afloat, that is, you have enough ability to overcome the problems that come out ... diabetes is only another inconvenience that we can find ... but with effort and effort andHelp we can solve it.

Regarding diabetes, so you comment does not seem like a very typical start of the disease, haven't you told you the possibility that you have lada or 1.5 diabetes?
The normal thing is that you have done all the necessary tests and that your diagnosis is correct, but I comment on it.

I leave you a link that explains that possibility well:

I sulked insulin and it doesn't worry me.If I believed in God, I would thank you every day for being able to inject myself every day.
I also have a theory: exogenous insulin rejuvenates: P
The same in a short time they take out a mixture of insulin and botox :))

DiabetesForo
10/06/2008 4:33 p.m.

Alea Thanks for the welcome!You are right, I should not blame me, because that way I would be giving the reason to the comments that I hate both and "everything you have, you have looked for it."I think nobody wants to look for a disease, whether mental or physical, and you have to throw palante with what is touched.

Owash thanks for the information, the truth that right now I am a little lost and everything that they tell me I believe it and I try not to give it more rounds.It is true that I was reading it and in many things I saw me reflected .. but there is something that was not clear to me .... Lada diabetes is a variant of type 1?
He is giving me very softly, and I don't know if he will have to do with the fact that I have been with a life to say very healthy ... balanced diet, like everything, with little fat, I exercise, just nothing sweet,No alcohol, transnochar, of abrupt life changes, .. a weekly control psychologists of anxiety, stress, ...
Come on, I say it with all the ignorance, I do not know if I explain ... that the same if I had led a more uncontrolled life would have given me more abrupt climbs ... or still has nothing to do ....

Anyway, this week I have to do more tests, and in 15 days I see the endocrine again, I will tell you ..

Thanks to both for your reception!

kathaysa's profile photo
kathaysa
10/06/2008 5:05 p.m.

Welcome Katahysa.I may be lad, I say it because I had a fairly long honeymoon (two years, I think).The truth is that I have never given many turns to that, the case is that my pancreas stop producing insulin and point.If you confirm that you are type 1 and you are on a honeymoon, one advice, do not stir with the clicking insulin and as soon as you start having trouble controlling the levels only with pills tell the endo to pass you to insulin.It is worth delaying the time to start puncturing and on a honeymoon it is easier to learn to use it.

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
10/10/2008 6:53 a.m.

Kaixo!

The first and most important thing is to recognize your problem. And knowing that you will be able to make your life normally, if you take care of yourself.
Surely you are anxious to recover, right?Regarding clicking, I think you don't like the idea ... but if you need you should do it ... for your own good! Once you get used to it is like going to the bathroom ... Seriously, I click onIn 10 seconds ... and it doesn't hurt me ... and you should not be ashamed of it or try to hide it, I know it is difficult at first to face the immense change ...

You have to be optimistic, and take care of everything possible. Encourage a way of distracting yourself.Physical exercise, in addition to helping diabetes control, also makes you feel better, safer and more happy.

alain90's profile photo
alain90
02/11/2009 1:43 p.m.

I have a question ... if you have lada diabetes ... which means:
"When special immunology tests are carried out, it is observed that they have antibodies that attack beta cells and especially the GAD65 type. This type of diabetes is also frequently known as Lada Diabetes" ""
So my question is, if they detected that your immune system is just attacking beta cells, they can't do anything so that this does not happen? I don't know how to depress the immune system and correct it or something like that? Xq, do you just wait for you?And how do you know if you have lada diabetes?saturo my belly and if they are corrected with 120 and use up to 10 functions of corrective I use only 4 units of fast .... that means that I am on the moon of honey? A year ago that I am diabetics ... ba to get worse or alwaysWill it be like this?

geminis247's profile photo
geminis247
09/06/2011 12:38 p.m.

Depressing the immune system is one of the latest options in any patient, it means leaving the person almost without defenses to any simple infection, to the minimum cold the possibilities of complications are maximum.
Between immunosuppressants and putting insulin, I will always choose insulin ...

We can never compare the amounts of insulin between one person and another, insulin requirements or the number of times each one is punctured is individual and non -transferable.

DiabetesForo
09/06/2011 4:49 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.