Hypoglycemia with 75 ??

kathaysa's profile photo   10/07/2008 5:32 p.m.

Hello everyone!!

It happens to me very often that I feel typical symptoms of hypoglycemia and when I am going to measure myself, I have 70 or 80 at most.With more than 80 it has not happened to me.The fact is that (despite my ignorance) I think it is a normal value, although the rest of the day I have been above that.For example today, after breakfast I had 190 and before lunch 75 and I was with tremors, dizziness, etc. I couldn't ...

They tell me (the family) that a coffee with milk in mid -morning is little.I usually have breakfast at 8 milk + half toasted with oil and at 11:30 I take a coffee or a natural orange juice ... until the 3 that is when I make lunch.I don't know if I should take something else ... what do you think?

Anyway I will consult with my endocrine when the appointment arrives ...

a greeting

kathaysa's profile photo
kathaysa
10/07/2008 5:32 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, Kathaysa.
Consult it with the endocrine, but it occurs to me (my daughter happens) that you notice a feeling of hypoglycemia because it is going down very quickly, or because it is solely with high values.

If what you eat is a lot or little, you must talk to the endo, which will be the one who has scheduled the diet.
Anyway, when you notice that feeling you can eat or drink something that gives you fast hydrates (a little juice, or a pair of cookies).

There is also a third option, although it is rare that you be awake, and that you have had hypoglycemia and when you are measured, you are going back.

Quiet, that little by little you will know how your body reacts and you will know how to handle yourself.And, in doubt, a zumito or similar.

Greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/07/2008 6:42 p.m.

Hello

The feeling you comment is normal to have it.I compare it with a car.
If you go to 200 and stop until you put at 75 ... you notice the brake.
If you go to 110 and brake up to 75 ... practically or notice.

Well, the same goes for glycemia.

My worst hiccups was the day of the debut, they lowered from 500 and peak to 150 in 4 hours (sera, etc.) the feeling of dizziness, sweats and hunger was bestial.

My opinion is that you should eat some carbohydrates at lunch (if you eat at 3 there are many hours).

In any case, it depends on the insulin or pills guidelines you carry and the physical effort you do.

And what Alea says, experience is a degree and little by little you learn.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/08/2008 6:01 a.m.

Thanks girls !!It must be what gives me the downturn very fast.Today, for example, I had 190 at mid -morning and three hours later I had 64, I was again with the tremors ... I should still put some hydrates between breakfast and lunch.I will consult the endocrine anyway.I was surprised that having values ​​that are supposed to be normal, I had hypoglycemia symptoms

I still continue with naúseas because of the metformin, although less, and they have told me that it is normal since my body was "accustomed" to working with higher values ​​.. I am looking forward to the end of the tests and stabilize me, if IThey have to put insulin to put it on me, but I have been with up and down two months, and the truth is that it exhausts ...

kathaysa's profile photo
kathaysa
10/08/2008 9:50 a.m.

Hello everyone,
Could you explain how those symptoms of hypoglycemia are ?????
Thank you so much

Josediabletes's profile photo
Josediabletes
10/09/2008 10 a.m.

Hello everyone,
Could you explain how those symptoms of hypoglycemia are ?????
Thank you so much

Josediabletes
10/09/2008 10 a.m.

Hi Jose,

I am not an expert on the subject, in fact I am starting ... so I'm going to tell you what happens to me when I notice that I download it quickly ... Sometimes I have already said it does not get off 60 but when I comeFrom a hyperglycemia I can notice it as if it were hypo ..
What I have are tremors, weakness, need to eat something (for me other than appetite), a little confusion or deconcentration ...

I hope I have helped you, good luck and I hope you are nothing

kathaysa's profile photo
kathaysa
10/09/2008 11:25 a.m.

Hi Kathaysa,
Thank you for answering.
Ami k happens to me this
(sorry for the vagueria)

I think K is going to be something, but I don't know the k !!!!!!Does something happen to you?

Josediabletes
10/09/2008 3:46 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.