excursion

Rosa's profile photo   10/11/2008 5:34 p.m.

Hello!Since I have to put insulina I have not yet done a four -hour excursion and uphill like the one I have planned.

I am ever mess, I do not know if the insulin and breakfast before leaving normally, I do not know whether to increase the rations of hydrates for that breakfast, whether to reduce the insulin units or if to put the insulin and have breakfast halfway.

Does anyone know what would be the best?

Greetings.

Rosa's profile photo
Rosa
10/11/2008 5:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Rosa:

I don't know what insulin you wear so I can't advise you directly, I tell you what I do because I go to hiking frequently.I carry an insulin bomb, in the morning I have a very short basal so what I do is breakfast well, with more slow hydrates and get less insulin, normally two units.When I used Lantus and Humalog, I did the same but I got Lantus when eating so that in the morning I barely had slow insulin in my body.

I do not know if I have brought you more: Oops:, summarizing I would decrease the rapid insulin of breakfast and increase the amount of slow hydrates and wear glucose, cereal bars, Aquarius or whatever comes better and wipe you frequently.

Greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/12/2008 5:53 a.m.

Hi Prado!

Look, I am a debutant of the month of May.I carry an insulin that is very beginners as my endocrine told me, which is seen that it is the most use of type 2, I have a lada diabetes, so I still have an insulin reserve.I put an insulin that is a mixture of fast and slow, the novomix3o.I normally punctuate 4-4-7.

I guess I will do how you tell me more or less, I think I will increase the hydrates and put on the same units, and control, in addition to being planned.I will tell you.

Thank you very much and greetings.

PINK

Rosa's profile photo
Rosa
10/12/2008 11:07 a.m.

The truth is that with mixed insulins I have hardly any experience, I never liked, it is difficult to get out of the routine and sincerely seem to me a total and complicated delay to handle so I do not understand that they call them as "beginners", it is much easierto handle a slow and fast pattern (Lantus, Levemir and Humalog, Novorapid, Apidra).
So if you cannot lower the insulin that would be advisable because it eats more hydrates as you say and above all it carries something to eat, what is best for me is Aquarius, it quickly takes me from hypoglycemia when I do sports ......

DiabetesForo
10/14/2008 4:46 a.m.

Hello!I tell you that everything was fine, it turns out that I have already done two excursions since I published the question.

I decided to eat twice as much hydrates and put on the same insulin and arrived at noon with good values.

Everything new worries, but now I see that it is not so complicated, just be prepared in case the flies and that's it.

Thank you so much.

PINK

Rosa's profile photo
Rosa
11/01/2008 10:42 a.m.

Hi Rosa:
I am Maria's father who is 7 years old and debut with 4.
When we make an exit, whether by bike or walking, insulin does not touch it, use Novomix 30/70, Levemir and Novorapid.
The only thing we do is to ingest more hydrates and always carry juices reserve so that we can see.
It is not easy because it is not an exact science, but I think that if you know your body and control like glucose burning, you can get things from high -level athletes, in fact there are.
Maria is starting to train in Squash, I don't know if you know the sport, worse is very explosive and consumption is atrocious.Not only of sugars, but of all kinds of essential minerals.
It is super hooked with the issue, our goal is to control itself and such that it has no problem getting to compete in any level.It would be for her to proof that this problem she has in her life does not prevent her from living with absolute normality.
I encourage, continue with your exits and you will see how little by little you will dominate your body.

DiabetesForo
11/02/2008 6 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.