{'en': 'Diabetes in Tenerife', 'es': 'Diabetes en Tenerife'} Image

Diabetes in Tenerife

Helena's profile photo   11/12/2008 7:57 p.m.

Hello,

I need information about type 1 diabetes, and I would like to meet people or associations that can help me in Santa Cruz de Tenerife.

If anyone knows anything, I appreciate any indication.

Thank you!

Helena's profile photo
Helena
11/12/2008 7:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi, Helena.
I don't know if there is someone from Tenerife in the forum.
In any case, you can consult here the doubts you have and what we can (never replace the doctor) will help you.
I have read in another post of yours that is your boyfriend who has diabetes.You will have to have patience and firmness, because it is he who must want to take care of himself.
In my case she is my teenage daughter, and it is not easy, but you have to move on and try to motivate them.

Greetings and welcome home.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/13/2008 5:46 a.m.

Hi, Alea:

Thank you very much for your answer;With all this I am quite sensitive lately and you have made me cry ... I need people like you who guide me.

Thank you.

Helena's profile photo
Helena
11/13/2008 1:10 p.m.

Quiet, Helena, you'll see how you convince it.
It would not be about to invite you to pass through the forum.

There are no magical recipes.I, at the risk of repeating, compare diabetes with a small tiger that put you at home and that you can never get rid of.And you can do two things:

1st Ignore the tiger, with which you will live carefree for a while, but the tiger grows, and the least thought day will end with you, or

2nd domesticate the tiger.It is more laborious, and requires constancy.
I may even give you a bundle, but in the end you will be you who dominates the tiger, and not vice versa, and you can keep it at bay.

Tell your boyfriend who, no matter how much he closes his eyes, the tiger is not going to start, and it will be easier to bite him.

And do not cry, that what he needs is firmness and, possibly, a good wiggle that makes him react.

A hug

DiabetesForo
11/13/2008 1:26 p.m.

Hello Helena

This is the Tenerife Association website:
<! '

The manager is called Fran Darias

For my taste it is the best associative website of diabetes.

The same if you "drag" the fair that they do tomorrow, 14, in the Plaza del Cristo de la Laguna could take information, that someone in addition to you "eats" a little his head ...

It is wrong or ugly to say it, but sometimes it works, especially with young... but with bad controls it can appear very early.

Greetings and patience.

DiabetesForo
11/13/2008 4:07 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.