Insulin Pumps

Helena's profile photo   11/12/2008 8:09 p.m.

Helena's profile photo
Helena
11/12/2008 8:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Helena:

It is very complicated to motivate someone who does not accept who has diabetes and the consequences it brings not to take care.
Do you know what your glycosylated hemoglobin is?goes to the doctor?

I put myself in your place and I think it would make things very clear, or you take care of you or go .... Maybe it is very drastic and make him react, we all know the future that awaits us if we do not take care of us and if notWe do it for ourselves at least think about those who love us.

Kisses

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/13/2008 3:44 a.m.

Hi Prado:

I have seen that you carry insulin bomb ... I would like to know how you feel with the bomb, if it limits you for what activities ... at night do you take it?(The question is silly, sorry)

Helena's profile photo
Helena
11/13/2008 4:19 a.m.

Helena there are no silly questions: D ......

I am very happy with the bomb, after almost 5 years with it, it is already part of me and I do not feel that it is a load, quite the opposite, it gives a lot of stability and avoids the daily punctures, in my case there were 4 or 5 daily andNow it is one every three or four days.
I never disconnect it, just for shower or sex, it doesn't limit me at all, quite the opposite, I have no schedules to eat and I do enough sport because it helps me a lot too.
It also has its inconveniences, we are not going to deny it, you need to do more blood glucose controls, I make 6 or 7 every day and you have to be very involved in the treatment, it does not work alone as is logical, maybe for your boyfriend not be itThe best thing now, you need to be very motivated to take care of yourself, and for what you have it is in it so do not despair.

Kisses

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/13/2008 4:59 a.m.

Hello Helena.Welcome!.
It is not easy to be type 3 diabetic, much less if the disease has not been assumed.I would also be very sharp with my partner if it were the case, because this is not a disease that I can expect.Every day counts to have a future with the lowest possible complications.I guess you will have encouraged him to enter this type of forums, but insists to see if he hooks and manages to resume his life ...
Ah, I say that I am type 6 diabetic (3x2) .. I am a woman and diabetic mother ...
A kiss and a lot of encouragement.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/14/2008 3:20 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.