Sport and diabetes

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/04/2009 8:43 a.m.

I have type 2 diabetes for 8 years.This year I have started taking Dianben and my gyted results are 6.4.
But every time I do sport-very quietly, it goes up.Today for example after showering me I had the 183 and after three hours to 98.
I do not understand if we must diet and sport, do I have these climbing?
Thank you all and happy year.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/04/2009 8:43 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have type 2 for 8 years.This year I have started taking Dianben and my gyted results are 6.4.
But every time I do sport-very quietly, it goes up.Today for example after showering me I had the 183 and after three hours to 98.
I do not understand if we must diet and sport, do I have these climbing?
Thank you all and happy year.

I interpret that then of exercising you had 183 and 3 hours later you had 83.

It would be necessary to know how much you were before to exercise.

It usually happens that as soon as the physical exercise is ending there is a small rise in glycemia, explained in response to the body to "reset" and return to "calm."
This can last half an hour, more.
From there, the muscles continue to burn glucose and that is why the descent 3 hours later.

Exercise is part of the treatment of type 2 diabetes, with or without oral antidiabetics.
Exercise improves insulin sensisbility, makes it more and better effect.It also helps maintain weight, and improves circulation in general (basic for us).

I would not become obsessed with specific glycemia, glycosilada will tell you more clearly whether your treatment is well directed or not.
If you have the possibility of obtaining your glycosilada every 3-4 months is the best indicator.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/04/2009 12:51 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.