Information, please!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/16/2009 8:47 p.m.

Good evening ... Today I had one of the worst days of my life ... I have my girlfriend interned in intensive therapy ... The question is that they diagnosed "a diabetic peak" which did not deepen what it consisted of but they clarifiedthat she was very close to an unemployment ... I am desperate people and the anguish she feels is immense ... it is read several of her threads and read some coincidences ... for example my girlfriend went a lot to the bathroom to urinate byThe nights and it is to take abundant water (although according to her, it always says that it is because of the heat and in summer) ... theory she in the last analysis did not have any abnormal parameter of sugar in the blood ... but well, yesterday does notHe felt very good about the stomach, he had vomiting and some pains ... and this morning he woke up completely agitated and even delirked ... I need to have information or anything with which they can help me ... I am afraid as I never had it in myLife ... Every two hours in therapy are doing that "reactive strips" process, apologize but I am not very expert in medical aspects ...

Thank you very much, and sorry for the discomfort but I am distressed and desperate

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/16/2009 8:47 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi, Rodri.
The first, calm.If your girlfriend is in intensive therapy, it means that it is in the place where they can best attend it, so do not hurry, that this is very scandalous, but they know what they are done.

So you tell, although you do not explain much, it seems that it is a diabetic debut.
It is very possible that your girlfriend, for the symptoms you give us, be diabetic.

Do not be alarmed, because it is diabetes, although it has no cure, it does have a treatment and can make a normal life.Doctors will put a treatment and, although everything at first seems complicated, the rhythm is taken right away.

What you will need is that those who want it support her and make her see that you are by her side.

Tell us how the issue is evolving and do not hesitate to raise the doubts you have.

Much encouragement and welcome.

DiabetesForo
01/17/2009 10:08 a.m.

Rodri, as Alea told you the first thing is that those who do not have to be hospitalized calm down as soon as possible.In any medical center they are more than trained to address cases of a disease that is already well known.You can really reassure yourself.

I did not have such an agitated debut, but I did spend a whole week urinating every hour or less.Imagine what it would be to be in class and between one and the other having to go to the bathroom even without drinkThe work from day one.

When they let her go home, to encourage it, I would recommend a little thing and that it seems that it is nothing but for the diabetic if it can represent a lot.And she will have to make a diet, at the beginning very controlled to adjust the medication and others.Well, it would be good for her to take it easy to try to accompany her in the diet as much as possible.

I do not say that you leave the sugar, but that you control the sweets and that the issue of the portions see the way you participate with the same food dish (not quantities).That nobody is wrong with their vegetables, hydrates and proteins taking care not to exceed.

Once she gets used to and see him as something good and that benefits her, I am sure she will no longer bother her that you can make excesses she has to suppress.

Friend!!First of all encouragement, that we will all get all those doubts that you can have, because in this the experience is a degree !!!

Let it improve and come back soon to normal !!!

DiabetesForo
01/22/2009 7:48 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.