The dreaded dowers

MONICA's profile photo   01/23/2009 1:02 p.m.

Hello everyone again.

As you know, I just started with this, and my guidelines are not yet too controlled.I have dances, although not too severe (the lowest 54), but on many occasions, my control of the hour and a half after eating, it tells me that I am 70 or 70 and .... I am scared and how.Normally I drink a Tetrabrick Zumito and three or four cookies but of course, today I have proven, that makes that at two hours at 200. Do you know more or less what is the recommended dose of food on those occasions ????

Once again, thanks

MONICA's profile photo
MONICA
01/23/2009 1:02 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, Monica.
It is very difficult to calculate exactly.
The ideal is to take a ration of fast hydrates (water with a tablespoon of sugar, or half juice, or 100 cc of cocacola, or two glucosport tablets ...) and "fix" with another ration of slow hydrates (2 cookies,or 20 grs of bread ...)
But each one is a world, and you will have to adjust the insulin to avoid the hypos as much as possible.
Greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/23/2009 1:19 p.m.

Hello everyone again.

As you know, I just started with this, and my guidelines are not yet too controlled.I have dances, although not too severe (the lowest 54), but on many occasions, my control of the hour and a half after eating, it tells me that I am 70 or 70 and .... I am scared and how.Normally I drink a Tetrabrick Zumito and three or four cookies but of course, today I have proven, that makes that at two hours at 200. Do you know more or less what is the recommended dose of food on those occasions ????

Once again, thanks

Hello MONICA NEW.Being new to this, I empathize with you.The important thing is not to observe the subject.Stress caused by anxiety generated by the expectation of your next control can intervene directly in the result.I have to admit that at night, I obsess myself with my values, but little by little my fears are disappearing.

Debut with 546 (a hyper in conditions).You see how I am a man of excesses.My hemo was 8.4.Currently, for a few days my glycemia does not exceed 150.

Test-error is what will help you understand and correct your hypo or hyper.

ALL THE BEST

azucarilloout's profile photo
azucarilloout
01/23/2009 2:55 p.m.

Hello Monica !!

A council, because each one ... you have the pointed controls, and of the times of the hip as well.Check in what parts of the day they occur.

If there is the situation that they are at the same time of the day it is a matter of adjusting the diet, and I explain.

You put Lantus, right?I don't remember right now, I know you told us in your presentation.Because the work of that insulin (which is managed at night) is valued early in the morning.If the hypo were produced at that time, it would be normal to reduce the dose of Lantus until you start the day with more normal values.If you varied the dose of Lantus do for a couple of days the complete controls to check if you need to increase the rapity in some food.

In case they are in other hours, and they are repeated regularly, it will be a matter of adjusting the diet of food prior to those downs.There would be two ways: to lower the fast dose or increase rations of hydrates, seeking that in the previous hours of the next meal you are in quieter values.

By the way, if they are specific low you have to try to anticipate them, because we all have a daily routine and the variations we make must "study them" to know what they can cause.If one day you decide to go for a walk 1 horita when it is normal that you are sitting ... Well, before leaving some cookies because it is a soft aerobic activity;If you are going to play a volleyball: d, then something faster to assimilate and something to stop ...

Well, I hope it helps you in something.
Greetings and that the low ones are over !!!;)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/25/2009 5:18 p.m.

Hello Monika ... if at the time and a half of eating you are in 70Alea says, without excesses 1/2 juice and a cookie, or something like that, so that the glucose is kept in an adequate figure ... I suppose that now you will still have to refine with the doses, do not hurry, that you will see as soon as youYou feel a safer tad how you are going to control the subject.
A hug.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/26/2009 3:52 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.