10%hemoglobin.I'm afraid

ratolina's profile photo   02/11/2009 4:25 p.m.

Hello everyone, and new here, I am 38 years old and type I diabetes for 10 years, with an average hem of 7-8%.This last analysis has come to 10% glycosylated hemoglobin, (Christmas I passed, and on top of how hypoglycemia are afraid, because every time I notice them less, I tend to prick a little less insulin than it touches me) withThe scare that I have taken I have stopped smoking because it is already many years of diabetics and I do not fancy complications;And yesterday with the anxiety of taking 3 days without smoking, I spend the afternoon eating (bread, peanuts and chorizo ​​with cheese) before dinner was 530 glucose.I've been crying all day.
These figures are not normal, I look like the usual (no yesterday), gym, food for portions, fixed schedules, ... Lantus 20 x the morning and actrapid at meals (De-Co-CE) and lunch and snackIf I do it - usually not.
Thank you all for reading me and if you can give me any advice or tell me if this disaster is normal.
Greetings and thanks

ratolina's profile photo
ratolina
02/11/2009 4:25 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Ratolina!

The first thing to take away so many concerns is to make some good (in terms of number) controls;Measure glucose often during the day.Without fear of what comes out, because not knowing it is worse than seeing a 400 ...

You have to know what values ​​you move to act on the diet or insulin.And with 10 years of experience you will handle the change of units as the most expert.But worry about knowing how you are during the day.

Before anxiety ... avoid food with a high load of hydrates, and less those of rapid absorption;I do not tell you that you eat a lettuce, which would be the best, but not sweet.And if you take a considerable amount, check the possibility of having to inject quickly !!!

And first of all, everything, this is only a bump that you will be sure !!!!Courage that from here we will help you channel it !!

A strong hug !!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/12/2009 6:25 a.m.

An idea is that you don't attack all fronts at the same time.

First stop smoking.Put all your efforts to quit smoking, seek medical support (nicotine patches ...), there are help groups in public health that can support and advise you, there are psychologists specialized in addictive behaviors (I know it already sounds bad but theTobacco is an addictive behavior, in addition to a physical dependence), physical exercise will help you quit smoking ... and also diabetes.

Once you have managed to quit smoking, or at least you carry it very channeled, it will be time to focus on diabetes.
Start by trying to control your glycemia at night, check how much you go to bed and check how much you get up, depending on the values ​​you must modify the Lantus.
Once you have controlled the night, try to measure and control the morning (the same as before, measurement and adjustment of breakfast and food).
And finally, controls the afternoon (measurement+dinner adjustment).

There are times that we believe we can with everything and we do not realize that we carry too much load on top, so it is time to empty some of the backpack and make 2 or 3 trips, instead of 1 alone.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/12/2009 11:06 a.m.

Thank you :))
You are a sky, thanks for encouraging me, the truth is that I have never had the sugar so bad and sank, ... but I get up or try.
My sin has always been to control little, because I handle the computer quite a lot and there comes a time when the fingertips hurt a lot ... but the story ended, at least for a season, until I get aroundTo these figures.
Thanks for being there.

ratolina's profile photo
ratolina
02/12/2009 3:03 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.