An atypical case

kathaysa's profile photo   10/06/2008 2:46 p.m.

Hello everyone!!!

Well first of all, sorry for my ignorance because I tell you the truth, I have been reading your cases a little and many of the things sound to Chinese ...

The fact is that last week I was diagnosed with type I diabetes. I hope little by little learning about my new disease and to share my experiences with you.

I start from the beginning, even if I do not make you very heavy ... I come from an anorexia nervosa, I've been in treatment for 4 years, I have done many many barbarities with food and my body, fasting, pills, overload of overloadExercise, etc ... I became very very thin (although I did not see it so at that time), now I have been in Normapeso for two years, making a healthy, balanced diet, regular exercise, ... you can say that I was alreadyStarting to see the light at the end of the tunnel ... when commenting with my doctor who often felt dizziness, tremors, tiredness ... He told me to make me a glycemia curve, and the result was not very good.
He referred me to an endocrine, which told me in view of the analytics that seemed to have type 2 diabetes that had come out at an early age ... that it used to occur ... but I had to do more tests to confirm it.I started to do controls at home, and in almost everyone I was high but without becoming an exaggerated thing ... I almost always was around 250-300 two hours after meals, especially if they were carbohydrates, and 140 the GB.Like sometimes before meals, it went from 200 to 80-70 ... Let's go lacking, but I have never reached peaks greater than 300.
Last week, after seeing the tests, he told me that without Dua it was type I diabetes, which was not the typical form of diagnosing it because they usually give more abrupt climbs.At that moment the world came to me ...

I kept thinking that it could be because of the fasts and others, but he told me not to think that, that it did not have to be so ... I had touched and period.

Now it still has a hard time assimilating it .... I spend the supensensible day, that with nothing they tell me I start crying.

They are still doing evidence, and at first they have put me metformin, to see if I regulate the levels and in a time I do not have to click insulin ... but I do not know ... I have better levels, but I have all the wholeWeek with many nausea and without any appetite, as if for obligation, and I take it to tremble when I have to take the pill, because I know that later a horrible fatigue comes to me ..

Sorry for all this roll that I have released, I suppose I needed to vent and talk to people who understand what I am happening.For me all this is so new ... and so unknown ...

Thanks for having read my story, and I suppose that from now on we will see each other around

kathaysa's profile photo
kathaysa
10/06/2008 2:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.