Diabetes multinationals

DiabetesForo's profile photo   03/09/2009 7:09 a.m.

I want to express my discomfort, they are leaving a multitude of new devices to measure sugar in blood without clicking on my fingers, I started looking for and starting in Germany in Israel in Hong Kong and everyone promised gold and moro and the years go by and nothing passesAt all, I cannot believe that with current technology, nothing will be developed yet ...Somehow the new models, the diabetics somo a big business and we are asleep, anesthetized and I fuck I am already tired of lies,
I hope if there is justice falls on them

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/09/2009 7:09 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Lydia,

I totally agree with you, I don't think this has a short solution.

In fact, I had a rather disappointing experience with this topic, I was for several years pursuing a solution called Glucowatch, it was only sold in the USA and UK, I came to acquire a device and strips of this system ... I have to say that it was the largestChasco of my diabetic life, failed more than a fair shotgun, in fact, a year of the purchase they removed it from the market ... There was an investment of about 1,000 euros ... lying down overboard, and all my expectationsof non -invasive systems behind ... Anyway, that I am currently an absolute skeptic about companies and these methods.

Greetings,
Fer.

fer's profile photo
fer
03/09/2009 12:13 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello Lydia, Fer, I suppose you will refer to non -invasive systems, right?We use the Medtronic Minilink, obviously has its limitations in addition to costing a good puncture every 6 or 7 days, but it cannot be said that you are in diapers with the subject.I imagine that it is still investigated because the closed handle pump or artificial pancreas is in doors and the theme of continuous monitoring is a fundamental part of the invention ....
Another thing is the financing, which I imagine that there is still much to curb until they realize what they would save with good control of each of the diabetics that exist ... but I am sure that it is a matter of time.
Anyway, I have to say that in these 5 years that we have been living with diabetes, a lot has evolved.(Eye, I do not say that we should evolve much more), we started with pre -enclosed (a horror), then the lantus arrived, later the pump financing by the pump by the SS in Spain .... Jolín, II would like much more, but I really can't complain ...
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/09/2009 1:19 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

The future (near) is called Solianis ... but we'll see, it seems that at the end of February they presented it in a Congress that was done in Greece on diabetes technologies.

Solianis is a non -invasive meter that "seems" quite fiabel, its website puts as a marketing date 2010, it seems that at the end of this year the Eurpe agency will give them their approval ...

Of course everything seems ...

your güeb: www.solianis.com >>

It seems that it is a site of those to tan, but no: mrgreen:

Laboratories are commercial houses and are to earn money, but they disassemble the beach bar and leave, simple.
The unfortunate thing is that from the public administration this research in public centers is not promoted (universities for example).

Everything related to diabetes has advanced a lot, you have to remember that 90 years ago I would have died because insulin was not known, the lantus I think it has been 6 or 7 years, the first insulin bombs were 25 years ago ...

We all want more and better but sometimes we put aside the perspective that has advanced a lot and for good.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/09/2009 4:24 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Uuuuy yes, yes and I remember using syringes of those glass that my mother had to boil them every morning to sterilize them and click again and again with the same needle !!!Because they were not disposable.After many years of diabetes I knew what Coca Cola Ligth and bottled water was.hahahajjajajaja yes, if it is for both if you come from the third world.The unfortunate thing is that many diabetics continue to die due to lack of social security and economic means to treat diabets.
Those of us who live here are privileged but hey, that is another issue.

Ana Poppe's profile photo
Ana Poppe
03/09/2009 4:42 p.m.

Anapp

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.