New with doubt

volodia's profile photo   05/08/2009 6:01 a.m.

Hello,

I am 29 years old, 3 week ago who gave me the good news .... So here I learn to forced everything I can.

Last night I was a doubt that I would gsute you would help me solve.

I am currently with Lantus and Apidra, the case is Qu eanoche Cene, I put the 2 uds of Apidra that ultimately Udo and Di 97 at 2 hours.

As I wanted to go to bed and the educator told me that with less than 100 it was not because I ate a couple of cookies Maria and Halfa skimmed yogurt with pieces (7gr of HC) and a cereal bar (15gra of HC).My idea was, the yogurt that is faster to climb now and the other to maintain a little.

The fact is that I went to sleep and at 4 and 30 I get up to go to the service, I look and give 145 what I thought was enough high.However, at 8, I do well, 85.

My question is, I ate too much?Have I renamed hyperglycemia tonight and that's why I get up to the bathroom (the fact is that I have risen with ok numbers)? What is you to eat in a situation like the one I tell (milk? Marias? Fruit? Others?, What do you doyou?

Thanks a lot

volodia's profile photo
volodia
05/08/2009 6:01 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Holasss

Welcome to the forum

What time did you put the Apidra?
Ultra -granted insulins have an action of almost 3 hours (depending on your absorption, of the puncture area, of the tides: d ...) so it is more useful to make the postpandrial (glycemia after eating/dinner)around 2.30 or 3 hours, instead of 2 hours.
You also have to take into account if the food has enough fats (with which the absorption is slowed down) and the type of hydrates (slow or fast).

145 It is a very acceptable value, around 140 for a postpondrial is good (it always depends on each one, what is going to do later, on insulin ...).

In a situation of nocturnal hypoglycemia, better to go than to fall short (because of that of falling asleep and such).
The theory says that 1 glass of juice with sugar and 2 cookies is enough to trace a hypo ...

If the hypo is for the lantus, the thing is complicated ... I have come to eat 18 portions of hydrates at 4 in the morning and get up 4 hours later in 150: shock:

For me you did well, each one must find what we do best (to me the milk feels bad with an empty stomach)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/08/2009 6:52 a.m.

Hello thanks for the answer, the apidra put it before dinner at about 9pm and at 11pm it is when I said 97, then 23.30h 51 and there it was when I ate the yoghurt and the bar and it was at 4 in the morningWhen I gave the 145 and that of course it is not postpandrial because an egg has already passed from dinner, so it seemed quite high.

volodia's profile photo
volodia
05/08/2009 7:19 a.m.

145 is not hyperglycemia or far

Vero_86's profile photo
Vero_86
05/26/2009 10:04 a.m.

hello,
To go back the 51, I would have taken a zumito, which acts fast and little more, but still very good.You have gotten up very well.You will have to try, but to go to sleep, I don't like to risk.

welcome!!

anuski's profile photo
anuski
05/27/2009 11:59 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.