{'en': 'Contour Care glucose reader', 'es': 'Lector de glucosa contour care'} Image

Contour Care glucose reader

JordiV's profile photo   09/05/2024 6:12 p.m.

Hello.

A few weeks ago I have changed the glucose reader (glucometer) of Freestyle Free 2 for this Model of Contour Care (see photos).

Today I wanted to check my glucose levels 3h after midday food, and the results in different glucometers are what you will see in the photos attached.

In the mobile free link application it is 139.

In the Diabox it is 131.

In the contour care it is 194

I see that the difference of the first two, with the last one is a lot, I do not know if it can be normal.

I don't know which to pay attention to you, since if I accept the last of Contour Care, I have to put a quick insulin bolus to stabilize my levels.

But if I listen to the previous ones, I will not put any bolus, since I am fine.

According to what he does, it may be that he arrives at night, with a glucose climb, or a descent if I put the bolus.

What do you think ??

Thank you.

JordiV's profile photo
JordiV
09/05/2024 6:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

PD The time of the last photo is not correct, it is the time of the previous ones, I have not yet scheduled it well.

JordiV's profile photo
JordiV
09/05/2024 6:14 p.m.

Because in principle the glucometer measure is the one that is worth.Another thing is that you do not trust him because he is new, but they always tell us that the reliable is the glucometer.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
09/05/2024 9:05 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Have you checked twice in the glucometer?Sometimes it does not measure well for the manipulation of the strip, not good cleaning of the area .....

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
09/05/2024 9:09 p.m.

Try another strip and if it does not matter to the glucometer.

Although I always try to have 2 different glucometers for these cases.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/05/2024 11:15 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

jordiv said:
hello.
A few weeks ago I have changed the glucose reader (glucometer) of Freestyle Free 2 for this Model of Contour Care (see photos).
Today I wanted to check my glucose levels 3h after midday food, and the results in different glucometers are what you will see in the photos attached.
In the Diabox it is 131.

I see that the difference of the first two, with the last one is a lot, I do not know if it can be normal.
I don't know which to pay attention to you, since if I accept the last of Contour Care, I have to put a quick insulin bolus to stabilize my levels.
But if I listen to the previous ones, I will not put any bolus, since I am fine.
According to what he does, it may be that he arrives at night, with a glucose climb, or a descent if I put the bolus.
What do you think ??
Thank you.

Well, the blood throws it why there are times the readings vary and much and before putting insulin the strip is the best

coralin's profile photo
coralin
09/05/2024 11:39 p.m.

jordiv said:
hello.
In the Diabox it is 131.

What do you think ??
Thank you.

What I would do would be to go to a pharmacy and compare results between your glucometer and yours.So several days until you get an idea.

When they debut they gave me a One Touch Verio that is the state using until a few months ago until the strips of the recipe withdrew.

Calibrating Diabox with that glucometer I got the estimated glycosilades nailed with the real results of blood tests.

In the last review I had been calibrating with the Abbott glucometer that give us the sensors and in the glycosylated the difference was considerable: Diabox gave me 5.6% and the real was 6.0%

I realized that Abbott's marked less.I bought on my own a box of strips for the One Touch Verio and I realized that the difference was always 15-20-25 less in Abbott's than with the other.

Now I only use Abbott's glucometer and what I do is add all times 20 to the value that I get.

When I go to the next review I will see if the thing blocks or not.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
09/06/2024 8:21 a.m.

Come on, we carry sensors to try to click less on our fingers, and now with these contour glucometers we will continue to click our fingers, as formerly ???
(In my case, with Abbott's, I was quite accurate, even with the Diabox, the glycosylated were quite tight)

JordiV's profile photo
JordiV
09/06/2024 10:56 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.