Bernat Soria, again

DiabetesForo's profile photo   05/24/2009 3:08 p.m.

Let's see what you think of this news that I have found browsing those processing seas.

If I say that I don't like people who speak short and laugh when there is nothing funny:-/

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/24/2009 3:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

JOOODER ... SUNNVERGENZA MALEJÍN ... Anyway, without comments.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/25/2009 4:11 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hallucinated I stay .......:-/

DiabetesForo
05/25/2009 4:53 a.m.

I do not know why I am surprised, I have always thought that to get into politics I had one to have a quality based on being a bad person, I see that I am not mistaken.

Murasaki's profile photo
Murasaki
05/25/2009 7:10 a.m.

Well, one who has followed his career for a while, and has been fortunate to talk to people about his work environment, I am not surprised by those things.
In the previous forum, almost more than a year ago, I already explained the fraud I did and what Roche had been responsible for refuting.

I recommend that you read this other article, of the newspaper El Mundo, is a bit long but it will be worth it:

What are you glad to be a minister?: Mrgreen:

DiabetesForo
05/25/2009 4:09 p.m.

I do not resist reproducing the interview/full news directly ... here it goes ...

Enrique Roche: "Bernat Soria and her researchers would be expedited in the USA"
Virginia Ródenas -Does the former Minister Soria give the Sevillian group of Franz Martín 50,000 euros and nothing?
-I came to consider that I didn't know how to investigate.Dr. Martín's group has published on the subject until a few days ago with the co -author firm of Minister Bernat Soria himself, without him, surprisingly, he disgusts him.We collaborate with this group until it left Alicante.Then we worked on our own, and when trying to reproduce the results I published with stem cells we verified that it was impossible: we were faced with scientific fraud.If this were Germany or the US, it would have been proven by independent and foreigners laboratories, which is what I ask, and probably Soria and his team of Seville would be expedited;But as this is Spain, a country of comb and tambourine, because they take away that lord of minister, give him something good and with influence, the group of Seville is still subsidized without control while my team does not give us anything.

-He Soria collaborator at Miguel Hernández University.What happened?
-That I came from a scientific training from my previous teachers and the interests of Bernat Soria were politicians.When I tried to tell him that our results contradicted those of Dr. Martín, he did not even bother to verify what experiment he was poorly designed.He always proved him to unsuspected points.And I can admit that you do not give me help because I do not know how to investigate, but it is immoral to give a group such a public money if you investigate badly.

-Susta and pissed.Is there a lot of scammer in the field of science?
-They are the least.The case of Soria has been very popular because it has reached a relevant position selling that he knew how to investigate.What abounds are the black hands: when I sent my projects to the ministry someone saw my name and threw them back without assessing the idea.That is why I turned to sports nutrition, I started teaching and with the little money of the practices with students I took a project that has been awarded.It was the bittersweet taste of recognizing that I know how to investigate: I will not abandon that field or that of diabetes, which caused me to leave after 25 years.

-What is the novelty of your work?
-In type 2 diabetes, the possibility of knowing the molecular targets of future drugs, and on type 1, the reprogramming of mesenchymal cells of the individual's fatty tissue to produce insulin.

-They years and an AIDS patient knows why he is, but a diabetic no.
-It is that we call diabetes to a set of quite complex diseases that culminate in a high glucose, but the causes can be multiple.In AIDS we know what the causative agent is, but in diabetes not yet.

-It is such the pharmaceutical business with diabetics (meters, strips, needles, insulins ...), which does not interest healing.Another urban legend?
-Yeah.The treatment of diabetes will be personalized.Some will be treated with insulin, others with transplants, and cell therapy can be another alternative.The industry would offer other products.

-Autototransplantas cells in Chicago allow diabetics to live years without injecting insulin, but with terrible effects by the chemo they needed.I almost prefer the click (and I know what I speak).
-Clear.These achievements are not exempt from side effects, and is studied to eliminate them, as was done with those of insulin.We will have to work very hard, but without money it will be difficult.

fer's profile photo
fer
05/25/2009 4:24 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.