{'en': 'A lot of weight rise', 'es': 'Mucha subida de peso'} Image

A lot of weight rise

Vero_86's profile photo   05/26/2009 10:15 a.m.

Good afternoon,

It was not enough that I did not enter the forum and I wanted to know if something similar had happened to you.

Last year after having left my diabetes aside (which is very bad) for almost 5 years I did a blood test and gave me 13.8 of Glico and started taking care of myself again.

Today after having spent almost a year of those analyzes I have 7.8, an achievement for me but also weight 13 kilos more and it is no longer the kilos that I have more, it is that I do not lose weight the regime I do, I do not know, it is as if diabetes does not let me lose weight ..

What do you think?

Thank you!

Vero_86's profile photo
Vero_86
05/26/2009 10:15 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, Vero.
My daughter also took a lot of weight, but I think it is as a result of anxiety, which is hungry.He also had many hypos, which made us always walk with supplements, and that fattens.
Now he is calmer and eats better, without so much anxiety and without supplements.

I believe that the best thing is that you talk to the endo and that he decides the causes of fattening and putting the proper treatment or regime without endangering your health.

Greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/26/2009 11:53 a.m.

Hi Vero:
The first thing that should be seen is how much you weigh with a 13.8 hemo because you were sure you were well below your weight, am I wrong?The most logical thing is that now that you are with better controls you have recovered your weight.
When I was diagnosed and started controlling myself to recovering the kilos and all the muscle mass that I had lost and since then I stay in my weight, as Alea tells you if you have many hypoglycemia you will gain weight because you are feeding insulin.Diabetes I don't think prevents weight linger if you are well controlled, with tight insulin, you exercise and you eat healthy.

DiabetesForo
05/26/2009 12:16 p.m.

I do not know where I read it, they said that insulin is also known as the "hunger hormone" and that it was used for the fattening of animals by providing them with a little insulin to generate hunger and that they eat of their own will.

hugo79's profile photo
hugo79
05/27/2009 5:38 a.m.

If I am wrong, insulin is classified as anabolic hormone, use, which helps metabolize food, takes glucose to the muscles ...
In fact, insulin da doping in professional sports

In the case of the Lantus, it is shown that it produces a significant weight gain with prolonged use.

DiabetesForo
05/27/2009 10 a.m.

When I had the 13.8 hemo I was very thin, my endo told me that all that weight had to recover but of course, recovered is, now the problem is that it reaches an obesity, which is not recommended for diabetes.

If it is true that with the declines (I do not have too many) you get like an animal to eat but being regime with them taking fruit and that should not gain weight.
What I see is that I cannot control this progressive weight increase and even diet and I don't know where I am going to get and I don't know what I can do.

Everyone says that insulin does not fat and I am totally agree but perhaps the change of insulin of human NPH to Lantus and to put me 28 units to put on 42 something is doing, that has told me the header ...

Then my endo does not help me with the weight, I think I am obsessed and it does not give me solutions it only tells me that I am in my body mass index, and I am on the verge of mild overweight according to that index.I do not want to have a weight problem and then my endo fell to start remedying it when it is very difficult.

Thanks for your opinions.

Vero_86's profile photo
Vero_86
05/27/2009 10:23 a.m.

Actually I also have the same doubt that I saw, when I did not take care of my diabetes, I was badly played with insulin, (I only used fast, no basal, my hemo was 15.2, and now I try to take care and use Lantus 20 units, I have fattened and I also find it very difficult

carla's profile photo
carla
05/27/2009 1:29 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.