Alcohol

Perla's profile photo   05/31/2009 8:03 a.m.

Hellooo!!

As I said, I am new in this, I have only been with diabetes for two weeks, and I have many doubts.

One of them is the taking of alcohol, the dietitian has not yet explained anything about it.There are people who tell me that you can not drink alcohol because it is very dangerous, but every day that happens I find out that funal has diabetes and drink alcohol when it comes out on weekends and not only two glasses, but more.

I do not need alcohol, but I am a young girl, and like any young man, when she leaves she takes her copitas, or when she covers she takes her cañitas, it is clear, without abusing, and now I do not know if I owe or not.

I would like to know what should be done when one is going to drink alcohol.

Thanks and greetings.

Perla's profile photo
Perla
05/31/2009 8:03 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Click on that link.There they explain a little how to drink alcohol without risk.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/31/2009 8:45 a.m.

Hello pearl I drink red wine when I go for dinner and if I do a glass then I prefer the mixture, take sugar, cocacola, or the mojitos with saccharin, also always peck cacaos or nuts. But when you drink you have to be very careful with theInsulina, because of the dawn, they usually paste loss of sugar, it's good that you don't go to sleep without control and breakfast first. A kiss

carla's profile photo
carla
05/31/2009 10:46 a.m.

My theory:
fermented drinks (beer and wine) I get glycia
distilled drinks (vodka, whiskey, rum, tequila ....)

The danger of alcohol is based on 2 things, in my view:
- Difficulty to control it, we do not know when or as it goes up and/or low, the person depends, the food depends, the day depends ...
- "Block" to the liver, the liver produces glucagon but if it is entertaining in metabolizing 5 or 6 alcohol glasses, it will not be ableeffect...

On the other hand, if nobody normally has an idea of ​​diabetes, if we are drinking all night, it gives us hiccups and we sue ourselves, what will people think?That we are drunk, not that we are with downturn ...

As they have said before, alcohol better drink it with sugary drinks, accompanied by nuts or other slow carbohydrates, better take it inside meals, and never go from 1 cup.

DiabetesForo
06/01/2009 6:53 a.m.

Hello, about the bevida I can tell you that I drink beer and enough, in an analytics the endo told me that the analysis repeated because I had the inflamed igado, I wonder that if I saw I told him that if and what I consumed, afterThe other analytical came all normal, I at this time did not see anything, this is my experience in this case.
Health to everyone.

DiabetesForo
10/19/2009 2:03 p.m.

I think it's like almost everything in this life ...... moderation.

A glass of wine (or two) at a meal.

On a Saturday night, talk with friends, a glass.

What I do is prepare the cubatas with a rum finger (horizontally) and tail-light.In this way if I feel like it I can take two.

Of course, always with a full stomach, having dinner well, and the next day the alarm clock first to breakfast soon, although then I returns to bed.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
10/20/2009 3:14 a.m.

The experience of my husband with alcohol and with checks made with the continuous meter is that beer raises glycemia, the wine goes down and the wisky does not produce any effect.We are talking about moderate amounts, a couple of beers or a pair of wine glasses at a meal and a glass of wisky on a Saturday night ... you have to take into account the glycemic index of these drinks, the beer has one more IGHigh that pure sugar is 110, in front of the wine that has 0. With respect to wine saying that if one night we drink wine for dinner it has to get less insulin than what would usually be put on.Contrary to beer that if ingesting it by having a normal figure, extra insulin must be put on.
Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/20/2009 5:08 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

And the cider, up or down glycemia?
I only take it on Christmas and New Year's Eve, but I love it.

DiabetesForo
10/21/2009 1:27 p.m.

I guess the cider will rise glycemia, since it is fundamentally apple, that will, pulling it slowly.

Moderation, a drink cannot harm.That is the key, moderation.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
10/23/2009 3:42 a.m.

I have been taking a look along the network and I have found this link about the cider:

On the other hand, the nutritional data of the cider are per 100 ml.6gr of HC, Carbon s, a little more than 1/2 ration, and its glycemic index 0 ...

And yes, as Nacho says, in moderation ...

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/23/2009 5:19 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Velia, I'm afraid that the study refers to natural cider (the most typical drink of Asturias and from which I confess forofa) and that car can be talking about the "smoothing" cider, type "the piper".That has added sugars, I think.You will have to inform yourself.

Health

DiabetesForo
10/23/2009 11:48 a.m.

Man, the Asturias cider is the best, but yes, I talked about the one I bought in the super.
By the way, I have never gone from two glasses so I will not have a problem out there;)

DiabetesForo
10/24/2009 6:33 p.m.

No, with that amount no9 I think there is a problem.
I suppose your glycemic index will be similar to that of the semi -dry cava, but I cannot assure it.

In any case, health and enjoy it.

DiabetesForo
10/24/2009 7:07 p.m.

Distilled drinks usually lower glycemia, apart from having eaten well and not drink with an empty stomach you can afford to mix with fanta or similar.Instead beer tends to raise blood glucose.Everything in moderation will avoid complications, the idea they have given you to pour small or distribute alcohol intake in several glasses, it is very good.The most important thing is to know the amount we can drink and not exceed, then the scares and the people who go the same or worse than you and do not know how to react.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
07/13/2015 4:11 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Hello, I am 23 years old and if I take a lot, I have a lot of tolerance with alcohol, by the general I take beer, vodka (mineral water) whiskey (mineral water) usually the whiskey lowers my sugar all the rest not.I really don't know if it's bad that I take a lot only I take on weekends I exercise from Monday to Friday

Ruben92's profile photo
Ruben92
11/23/2015 9:12 a.m.

Well, I put the turkey to the turkey, the alcohol evaporates and enjoyed all its flavor hehehe

nina45's profile photo
nina45
11/23/2015 11:11 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.