{'en': 'What causes type 1 diabetes?', 'es': '¿Que causa la diabetes tipo 1?'} Image

What causes type 1 diabetes?

fer's profile photo   06/01/2009 6:12 a.m.

Since I debuted with type 1 diabetes, I have asked myself this question, what causes the type 1 diabetes?, Nobody has still managed to give me a clear explanation, in their day, they did evidence in case my case had been for an infection, andThe result was negative, they also investigated my family history, in case the origin was genetic, and it was also negative, so the question was unanswered, I have recently read the following and I have made the doubt.

According to experts, type 1 is due to a "complex interrelation of factors", especially genetic and exposure to environmental phenomena.This has a "clear base" autoimmune that causes the body, through its defenses system, destroy its own B cells of the pancreas-the ones in charge of producing insulin-.

Personally, I believe that Stress also has something to do, since in my case at least, the debut coincided with a time of very strong stress, although I have no way to prove it.

Someone has any other theory about what the origin of type 1 diabetes can be?

fer's profile photo
fer
06/01/2009 6:12 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

As in almost everything, I don't think there is a unique cause.
The most logical thing is to think about the existence of a genetic predisposition and a trigger.

More or less like a fire: fuel+fuel+heat

The stress can be measured, there are many and varied scales, another thing is to use them in their right measure.
That is why we are the ppsychologists.

Doctors, as a rule, do not believe what they do not see and at most they limit themselves to "somatize your emotions": shock:

In my case, I am also convinced that my diabetes triggered, but it is also true that 1 year before I had pneumonia ... Was the infection the oxidizer?Or maybe antibiotics?

Before I also had constipated, colds ... Why at 31 and not at 20?

On the other hand, what explanation we give to a baby in the first breastpress (with life hours) put to 300 ...

Unfortunately we are so far from knowing the environmental causes (little investigated) as of the genetic causes (for the moment blind sticks)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/01/2009 6:34 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I would also like to know that it triggers type 1.
In the case of Noe, I don't think it was stress, I was only 22 months old but if, about three or four months before, it had a "virus" that only gave very high fevers and hard 8 days, could it be the trigger?How do you know who is born "predisposed"?

DiabetesForo
06/01/2009 8:35 a.m.

As Celia's endo says, there are many theories, which means that none is good enough.

I believe that there is a genetic component (or congenital, I would not be sure) and that the trigger can be the stress, or an infection, or some other unknown factor.In any case, the causes of most autoimmune diseases are a mystery, and diabetes is no exception.

I regret not getting out of doubt, fer.

Health

DiabetesForo
06/01/2009 11:44 a.m.

I also think that there is a genetic predisposition and a trigger is needed.In my case, the first thing they asked me is whether I had had any flu or cold for those dates and had nothing.Yes, it was going through a very stressful situation, maybe it was the trigger, although much worse situations had passed years before without resenting in health.

DiabetesForo
06/01/2009 12:02 p.m.

I don't know what to think ... At that time I was happy, I was 13 years old, I had a great time at school and I have always been a healthy girl, I had never had to go to the doctor for anything, that then came outRecently of pneumonia.

I also tell you that Ami detected it at that time but very much months before (I would say that one year or like this) I had had symptoms of descent that of course, at that time I did not know what it was to whether I should not think that it was because ofof pneumonia because I think I had diabetes long before.

Greetings, interesting topic: D

Vero_86's profile photo
Vero_86
06/01/2009 1:23 p.m.

Someone is consistent with an antecedent of the excess feeding with hydrates or glucose? ... that is ... memory of little having eaten sugar a porrillo, even whole caramel boats of the pull ... and in general too much sugary bump... Is that possible to leave the pancreas predisposed to diabetes?

Mmmmm ... although it is pure speculative theory and it does not have to be based on scientific data, but, it really would like to hear yours ... ;-)

fer's profile photo
fer
06/02/2009 6:30 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Posss I have been a rare child of noses ... Well, I am also weird: Mrgreen: ... The fact is that I have never liked candies, gum or sweets ... I have not been much of cakes either ...Except from that I have diabetes, that I do like everything and I want everything: mrgreen:

DiabetesForo
06/02/2009 7:36 a.m.

My mother had the obsession to feed us very healthy when we were small, for example, the chocolate did not enter our house, the snacks were chorizo ​​snacks, ham, cheese with quince and memory we looked at friends with their nocilla sandwich andChocolate with a shipment hahahaNow what entered home through boxes was the fruit, especially in winter with the oranges.So in my case the food has not been the cause because I have always followed with the same habits that I got used as a child.

DiabetesForo
06/02/2009 8 a.m.

Fer, in my daughter's case, the trigger was a virus.I think there is already a vaccine in study against this type of virus that alter the immune system.
There will be a genetic cause, too.
Greetings :)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/02/2009 9:09 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

They told me that the package´´al was already in celiaca since childhood.To wear gluten. And just like my celiachia, who discovered it with a year and a half and I was already very sick, my symptoms of diabetes, I also felt them for several years, without knowing what happened to me, not even the ownDoctors: Shock ::?: !: ​​until debuting with a coma of more than 1000 sugar

carla's profile photo
carla
06/02/2009 12:45 p.m.

In my case, Hugo gave febrile seizures a month before detecting diabetes and sincerely I think that was the trigger.

shandra's profile photo
shandra
06/03/2009 5:12 a.m.

We all look for an explanation, I also have mine, my son (stress) was born and fed on juices, ice cream and cocacolas when I got up at night ... but also since before birth the child already had principles of psoriasis, another diseaseRelated to the immune system, apart I had a brother who went by diabetic ketoacidosis without having been diagnosed even diabetic ... Both things will have to do, the genetic component and our customs.What is clear is that it is difficult to tell a person what he has to do so that he does not contract the disease.My son already has a ballot to be diabetic, for the genetic component, now it is about educating him in healthy exercise and food but that does not free him that with the ballot he already has he touches the lottery.

Greetings to all.

hugo79's profile photo
hugo79
06/05/2009 6:10 a.m.

Fer, in my case, I have it quite clear.

Facilitating factors: Genetic no, I have no background.Overweight first, even without being excessive, smoker (package and a half) therefore with high leukocytes, and a season with a lot of stress, with change from work activity (from sedentary to very active), working from 8 in the morning to 10 to 10Night ...

And I have it clear, in January I had no symptoms, and in the business recognition the sugar was fine.In February I started that bad era, and at fifteen days I started drinking a lot, going to the bathroom, losing weight ... I attributed it to physical effort, but no, finished those weeks of work, the symptoms continued, I looked on the Internet,And I went to the doctor, direct to the five days, and married to insulin since that day.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
06/11/2009 1:01 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.