{'en': 'Hello!I am Cristobal and I have DT1 for a while and I have terror to all kinds of injections.', 'es': 'Hola! Soy Cristobal y tengo dt1 desde hace un tiempo y tengo terror a todo tipo de inyecciones.'} Image

Hello!I am Cristobal and I have DT1 for a while and I have terror to all kinds of injections.

Cristobal_Chile's profile photo   08/29/2024 1:55 a.m.

Hello good ... my debut was a bit chaotic ... a few months after 10 years, I had gone down a lot of weight, so my parents Mellevo Doc and he suspected diabetes.No one explains anything to me and lead me to do blood tests.At the moment they ask me to discover the arm to see my veins I ask -For what?And they tell me -to prick you see her and there I wear tense.They take me to a stretcher to "relax" without success.Two fornid nurses arrive and hold me.The nurse asks my father to leave and look at him as saying "don't leave me alone."I was lying back with a gorilla on each side holding me and I shaken what the nurse approaches with the needle and kicked her in her face and it seems that I broke her nose because she bleed a lot.The gorillas ask for help and two more and another nurse arrive.They put me from each limb and the other nurse approaches with the needle ... bring it closer to the vein and when it touches my skin I faint.I wake up shortly without understanding much what happened .... Then they take me for a very sugary ice cream.A few days later they tell me in the Doc that will intern me in the hospital for Diabetes Debut and that I will have to prick every day on several occasions.My family also terrified injections, it's like a family phobia.Today I appreciate being alive and the determination I have to stay alive, although the latter is more because an older brother came forward with my plan and did not have the eggs to follow him alone.Today I punctuate the basal and a ultra fast mopntón to eat the food of the day and the truth is that it is a hard condition.I do not know how this issue of injection will affect the rest but it costs me to Montones and I would like to know how you have it, if it has ever been a problem, how you have overcome stages of great frustration, etc.

Thanks for reading me.

Cristobal_Chile's profile photo
Cristobal_Chile
08/29/2024 1:55 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I always fainted, simply with seeing the needle.Even when he accompanied another person.
But subcutaneous insulin needles are very small and not noticed.
I put insulin minimum 6 times a day.

The worst thing that has happened to me are Moratones when a capillary breaks, but nothing more.A nonsense.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/29/2024 3:39 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I also imposed me, but over time I got used to it.For me, clicking is the least hard to be diabetic.With the feathers it is nothing.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/29/2024 3:58 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Already but what happened or what they did not to feel anxiety when clicking, so as notThere was something that changed in one so that these symptoms do not manifest ... and that is what interests me most about this issue.

Cristobal_Chile
08/31/2024 10:35 p.m.

@Cristobal_chile, I suppose you use feathers, the needle is almost invisible. 4mm use, that is not seen or notice.Better BD brand.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/01/2024 3:45 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I did nothing.It is quite easy or you put insulin or you die.
Pragmatic everything.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/01/2024 7:56 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Cristobal_chile What happens to you is a phobia.To overcome it, the forum tips are not going to serve you, you need the help of a therapist who teaches you to handle it.

It is already bad luck, get sick with that panic to injections.

If you can afford it (it seems tri-car)

Link

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
09/02/2024 11:52 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

@Cristobal_chile: As type 1 diabetic you need insulin to remain alive.And insulin, until now, can only enter your body through an injection.You have to keep this very present: either you inject insulin or you will end up "raising Malvas."We have no other to all type 1 diabetics.
Try to talk to your educator@ to show you the correct injection technique, the different areas where you can inject and recommend the most suitable needles for you
Cheer up!You will see how in a while you will remember the panic you feel now with a smile

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
09/02/2024 12:48 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

@Ruthbia and how do I not die?Well, there have been several occasions where I have not injected and I have not died for it ... what you say I think it moves away from reality.I have read that formerly when external insulin did not exist, people with DT1 came to live up to two years without any treatment.

Cristobal_Chile
09/04/2024 1:53 a.m.

@ENSALADA IS PRICE THE SUBJECT ... Someday I can afford it.Thanks for the data.I will see if they sell it here in Chile.Regarding the phobia, I hoped to share experiences with people who are in a similar situation and not feel only about it.Regarding therapies I have tried several, psychological, Emdr, hypnosis among others ... and well I have not had much success evidently.

Cristobal_Chile
09/04/2024 2:09 a.m.

@Ricki21 and how long will that be?Well, I've been trying for 25 years so that my body and mind do not react as a "lethal injection" .. I walk half exhausted and "burned" with the subject.
The educators and by effect told me for a long time that "you will see that you get used to it" and although I no longer react aggressiveThat stress.

Cristobal_Chile
09/04/2024 2:19 a.m.

@Cristobal_chile, if it is such a strong phobia, maybe it is good for a medication that reassures you and takes away that anxiety.
You would have to be much more fear of complications so big that a poorly controlled diabetes can bring you.
Talk to your doctor because it is a very serious problem that you have and you must solve it as soon as possible.
Maybe a psychiatrist is good for you.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/04/2024 4:30 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Cristobal_chile is clear that for a day without insulin, no one dies.
But look, my brother -in -law, has been going on for months and have amputated half foot and is almost blind.He is now expected for Social Security to make a prosthetic boot to be able to walk.
The consequences are serious.This weekend, I was with 3 people with amputated legs from the knee due to lack of glycemic control.

There comes a time is that you have to "ripen", I tell you that I have a phobia to dogs and I have been able to go out and from home alone because there were dogs in the neighborhood community.I have managed not to shout and run, yes, I try to be as far as possible.I don't always get it but ... I try to impose reason.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/04/2024 6:22 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Christobal_chile said:
@salad is priceless ... Someday I can afford it.Thanks for the data.I will see if they sell it here in Chile.Regarding the phobia, I hoped to share experiences with people who are in a similar situation and not feel only about it.Regarding therapies I have tried several, psychological, Emdr, hypnosis among others ... and well I have not had much success evidently.

Another technical solution.

Link tools-para-el-autocuidio/systems-de-infusion-de- insulina/

This circuit you put on and for three days you put the insulin with the pen but without clicking your skin.

In principle, you have to change it every three days to avoid lipodystrophy.I don't know what it costs but maybe it can serve you.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
09/04/2024 10:43 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Hi @cristobal_chile
I have been diabetic for 34 years and as you have a phobia.When I have to click on, there are times to whistle a little, but I always shed.
In another post I already commented that I usually bring the needle closer in "position of", and shed without looking a lot ... I notice how it is introduced and there I already look and end up injecting myself.To extract the needle ... the same.

When they diagnosed me, something similar happened to yours.They took me blood, (my veins have never seen me well) and they search me ... and a lot.The following times the same ... when I debuted they entered me and I still remember with terror how the nurses of the early morning entered, ignoring the light without warning and making me glycemia "to betrayal".There was no punch, it was with the dry lancet ... and with the delicacy that each one had.And insulin punctures.Zas!
It was hell, I remember it after so many years like ... like a fear movie.
Then I went home and my parents because little by little with the syringes.It has not been easy.Nothing easy.

I can't see on TV how they get news while clicking people for eg vaccines, it is superior to my strength.
Over time I have managed to get blood alone and sleep the nights of before and vaccines, they are already somewhat minimal.

But fear of bad glycemic control can more than anything.What you have commented can spend a day, two, three, without clicking ...
But what is coming if you don't control yourself, I assure you that it is not a joke ...
We can try to help you, but you must be you.I ar of myself every day and each time of courage.The sensors for me have supposed a release ... And that I click about 5-6 times insulin per day ...
How is a phobia overcome?facing her every day.One, another, and another ...

What if I tell you that now I should learn to take a patient?Before it was not my task, but now "I should know" or there is no job ...
Well ... I'm dying of fear ... I think that the first day I do it, I will pass me ... but I have to get it ... how?No idea ...

Sometimes I put YouTube videos on howbit...
Shock therapyI am convinced.Avoiding the fobla does not help.You have to face it and more if you play your life.

Cheer up...

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
09/04/2024 8:33 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

It gives me that a cateter diffuser insuffium or the bomb, for which it has phobia, is the same.
It is still a needle stuck x days.
That do not enter you because you are going to freak out with the hospital roads and the number of times they click

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/04/2024 9:25 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hi, Cristóbal, taste in greeting a toocayo.

Try to put an infusion pump.You only get insulin fast, as basal continue more bolus for meals you decide (as with feathers).It is better treatment than with retarded and you only click once every 3 days.

Luck,

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
09/08/2024 4:22 p.m.

Hello!!I tell you that I have been with type 1. diabetes for 31 years.

Unlike you, I have no phobia to the needles because from very little they had to prick a lot of times.I have hashimoto that is another autoimmun disorder in which the immune system detects the thyroid as strange and attacks it and that went to the months of being born so they have made me analytical since I was born, .... pfffff, I do not even tell you.I arrive at the analytics, planted the nurse's arm and I tell him a joke .... to distract me from the click haha

What to tell you?Look, you comment that you have a great determination for living and that is everything.Not that you die if you don't click.In 31 years I have been a lot of times with levels of 500, 600, I have made many buried, drink a lot (of alcohol I want to say clearly), smoking .... Finally.I do not recommend it but I think I could say that we have all had attacks of rebellion in our adolescence because of this "Mierrrda Diabetes" as I said.

And I can assure you that for me the needles are the least but each one we have our Achilles heel, a descent (hypo) that seems that they are always at the most inor -ified moment, a job interview, a job interview, a job interview, a job interview, a job interview, a job interview,.... A first appointment with someone ... you already enter the big door and you have to discover hahaha, SSSSIIIII, I have diabetes and the appointment ends up being around diabetes and not any other issue.The funniest thing was once it turned out that he also was but did not set the thing ... or that they wake up at night when I finally managed to fall asleep and as soon as I stay fried after a day without getting off250 ..... Zasca, 50 at an hour and a half.

Let's see .... I tell you all this .... I tell you who serves you .... so that you are encouraged and you are conscious ...100%) the quality of life you are going to have.I now have 46 and I debuted with 15. I have affected my view, I almost destroyed my teeth (yes, smoking too) ... I am otherwise phenomenal.

Sometimes you will also do everything superb and your body goes to your pu .... Ball.Everything is learned.

I have read there that someone said .... what a bad luck that someone who has phobia to the needles touches this ..... Well, sometimes things happen just for that ... to face that phobia, maybe you have to seek help as they have told you about a therapist ...

I like to say that I am not a diabetic, I am a 46 -year -old woman who lives with diabetes, who is a life condition but does not define me as a person (because diabetic sounds like qualifying adjective) ..... it is something withWhat I live and with what I have learned to live.

It is not the end of the world, the needles are lowercase (I use 5 mm) and if you learn to click well, in a transverse way and take well the pinch you do not feel it, really.The day will come when you are with a group of friends all with diabetes having dinner and freak when you see everyone get their pen and suck in the entire restaurant as it happened years ago and there I released any type of complex .... hahahaha

Anyway, I hope this encourages you or any other one who has debuted recently.It really looks like a world at first but then you get used to it and now, you just live with it and point ..... I am very enjoyment hahaha

inmuchi_77's profile photo
inmuchi_77
09/08/2024 5:19 p.m.

31 años con DT1!!
Toujeo / FIASP y dieta baja en CH
Viva la vida <3

Christobal_chile said:
@ricki21 and how long will that be?Well, I've been trying for 25 years so that my body and mind do not react as a "lethal injection" .. I walk half exhausted and "burned" with the subject.
The educators and by effect told me for a long time that "you will see that you get used to it" and although I no longer react aggressiveThat stress.

Forgive ... ... I had obviously not read when writing all my vibes ... Do you have been with diabetes for 25 years and still have the needles phobia?And in the analytics you do?

inmuchi_77's profile photo
inmuchi_77
09/08/2024 5:21 p.m.

31 años con DT1!!
Toujeo / FIASP y dieta baja en CH
Viva la vida <3

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.