{'en': 'The diabetic foot: how to avoid serious consequences', 'es': 'El pie diabético: cómo evitar consecuencias graves'} Image

The diabetic foot: how to avoid serious consequences

fer's profile photo   08/29/2024 8:36 a.m.

Hello everyone,

The diabetic foot is one of the most serious complications that we can face if we live with diabetes.According to a recent article, the diabetic foot can have fateful consequences if it is not properly treated, and it is essential that we are informed about the latest news in its management and prevention.

One of the things that has caught my attention is the fact that the diabetic foot is responsible for about 70% of non -traumatic amputations in the world.This made me reflect on how essential it is to take care of our feet and pay attention to any alarm signal.

The article mentions several novelties that can help us prevent these complications.Among them, it highlights the importance of regular monitoring of the feet, since even smaller wounds can become something serious if they are not treated in time.In addition, they talk about new technologies, such as thermography, which help detect areas with greater risk before ulcers appear.

I also seemed interesting to focus on patient education, something that I think we should all take into account.

Understanding how to take care of our feet, what kind of footwear wearing and when to seek medical help is crucial to prevent problems.

If any of you has had some experience with the diabetic foot or know any technique or treatment that has worked well, I would love to share it!

A hug to all and remember, prevention is very important!

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
08/29/2024 8:36 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.