{'en': 'Pineapple without sugar', 'es': 'Piña Colada sin azúcar'} Image

Pineapple without sugar

fer's profile photo   07/21/2009 4:43 a.m.

PIEÑA COLADA without sugar
Calories: 160

Ingredients: (4 people)

- 1 pineapple of approximately 1 kg.
- 6 eggs.
- 2 teaspoons of sweetener.
- 60 gr.of Maizena.
- 100 gr.of grated coconut.
- 25 gr.of vegetable margarine.
- 1 glass of coconut liquor.

PREPARATION:

1) Clean and chop the pineapple, then pass the pieces through the blender until it obtains half a liter of juice.The cornstarch dissolves in the pineapple juice.

2) Apart, the eggs are beaten with the sweetener.Next, the grated coconut and liquor are added.Finally, it is mixed with the pineapple juice and everything is poured into a saucepan.

3) over low heat, and always stirring without stopping, the cream is thickened without boiling.

4) It cools in the refrigerator, and that's it.

Serve very, very, cold.

fer's profile photo
fer
07/21/2009 4:43 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I am Laura and I do not usually drink alcohol as diabetics, it surprised me that the pineapple recipe is carried a coconut liquor .... It is not supposed that the liquor carries sugar ??? I would like to know! A greeting

laurita_ajo's profile photo
laurita_ajo
09/23/2009 11:13 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Holasss Laura
Well, the liquor depends ...
As a general rule, distilled drinks (whiskey, wodka and the like) have hypoglycemic effects ... First they produce an elevation of glucose and soon the glycemia of blows down ... That is why it is recommended that when drinking alcohol is always doneWith sugary drinks.

Fermented drinks (wine, beer) do wear sugars ... and theory they raise blood glucose, despite carrying alcohol.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/23/2009 11:44 a.m.

Alcohol usually disappears by putting the liquor on fire.If not, small colocones, I who use a lot to cook wine and cognac;)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/23/2009 1:41 p.m.

Aaaa is worth it, he had not fallen hehehe

laurita_ajo's profile photo
laurita_ajo
09/23/2009 4:33 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.