Insulin resistance.

Ana Poppe's profile photo   08/14/2009 6:50 a.m.

Hello everyone,: D

When there is insulin resistance, which I think is my case, do you have resistance to all or all kinds of insulins? What is the reason for this resistance mucchos years of diabetes, age, eat too much, etc.I am getting a lot of insulin Humalog and NPH and I begin to think that I can finish the reserves of the country.

Greetings to all.Ana Poppe.

Ana Poppe's profile photo
Ana Poppe
08/14/2009 6:50 a.m.

Anapp

Hello, Ana.
You know that, when we have spoken, I have told you that I thought the problem was in the type of insulins you use, specifically in the NPH.
I don't think your problem is insulin resistance.Anyway, your endo will be the one who tells you.
And, when you say that you are getting a lot of insulin, how much are we talking about?You already know that each one is a world and not everyone needs the same amount.

How is the pump issue going?Do you know something new?

A hug

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/14/2009 11:32 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello Alea !!

I am getting more and more, increasing one more and one more and it seems that it would never be enough for me ... is a unit by ration?Well, more or less I go 3-4 units per ration to be able to have somewhat decent glycemia after meals, this with the Humalog and with the NPH of 3 more than what the endo told me.

The bomb, on the 21st of this month I go to my appointment with Dr. Ampudia that will give me a report to take it to the SAIP where I will have to wait for the answer to see if the consumables are financed in my hospital (the one in my area), I hope to be lucky.It makes me a little long but slow say that it is safer not?he he

A kiss!

Ahh is a lot of insulin right ??

Ana Poppe's profile photo
Ana Poppe
08/14/2009 12:25 p.m.

Anapp

I don't know where that is an insulin unit by ration.
I know people who do not need more than average, while others need two or three.Moreover, the same person, depending on different circumstances, can change their needs at different times, so comparisons are just that: comparisons.

Each one has an organism, a way of life, different needs.What matters is what the endo tells you.The rest is only orientative.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/14/2009 1:11 p.m.

Good night, try to exercise several days of a medium-high intensity.It works for me to reduce insulin resistance.
Greetings

chamus1978's profile photo
chamus1978
09/09/2020 1:27 a.m.

Insulin resistance can be for many things: stress, sleep little or bad, poor diet, hormones ...
Normally if you solve all that should improve.Try to sleep 8 hours and if you are stressed, try any method to control it.As for food, which is making us more resistant to insulin over time it is usually abusing refined carbohydrates (bread, pasta, rice ...), junk food, etc.If you base your food in vegetables, quality proteins (meat, fish and eggs), legumes, dairy, nuts and some fruit sure that improvements, which has been a low or moderate diet in carbohydrates.
And then sport is also fundamental to improve insulin resistance, especially strength sport.To more muscle better insulin sensitivity.But in general all sport is fine so what you like the most.
In the case of women it is also normal to have half of the cycle plus insulin resistance, from ovulation to the rule more or less.That is normal and we cannot change it, insulin must simply be adjusted.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/10/2020 2:09 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.