{'en': 'Insulin, anabolic?', 'es': 'Insulina, ¿anabolizante?'} Image

Insulin, anabolic?

Sorprendido's profile photo   08/29/2024 11:28 a.m.

Good morning everyone

He understood that Anabolyzing had a lot to do with weight gain, said with the greatest simplicity.Someone has told me that some diabetics are fattening, and others, as my case, makes us lose weight.Someone who can give some light about this.

Greetings.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
08/29/2024 11:28 a.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

The insulin what it does is to "take advantage" what you eat, that is, it takes it to the reserves of the body (without it the glucose goes to the blood instead of the reserves, so the diabetics before being controlledWe lose weight and glucose rises).
Conclusion: Insulin neither fattens nor thinness.What fattens is what we eat and insulin is the one that does not go to the blood, but to reserves, therefore we eat more, we get fat and less, we lose weight.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/29/2024 2:43 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Totally agree, @isabelbota.Insulin serves to "take advantage" what we eat.In the debut, with the initial lack of control, we lose weight.When we turn to insulin, we control ourselves, we must recover part of the lost weight.And if we eat more, with the aim of gaining, up the insulin, we should make more weight.It was the advice of my doctors for many years.In my case that doesn't work.And I have the impression, for what has been read in this forum, that there are many more diabetics, too thin, who want to make weight and cannot.That is the explanation I would like to have.
Others, on the other hand, can regulate their weight, adjusting intake and insulin.That is the doubt that I wanted to raise when you open this thread.In the end, I think this issue is one of the dark lagoons of this complex disease.

Greetings.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
08/29/2024 5:30 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

surprised said:
totally agree, @isabelbota.Insulin serves to "take advantage" what we eat.In the debut, with the initial lack of control, we lose weight.When we turn to insulin, we control ourselves, we must recover part of the lost weight.And if we eat more, with the aim of gaining, up the insulin, we should make more weight.It was the advice of my doctors for many years.In my case that doesn't work.And I have the impression, for what has been read in this forum, that there are many more diabetics, too thin, who want to make weight and cannot.That is the explanation I would like to have.
Others, on the other hand, can regulate their weight, adjusting intake and insulin.That is the doubt that I wanted to raise when you open this thread.In the end, I think this issue is one of the dark lagoons of this complex disease.

Greetings.

Well, it is also in genetics.There are also non -diabetic people who fail to gain weight and people who fattening the food.I don't think it's a diabetes issue.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/29/2024 6:09 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Insulin also helps protein synthesis, so it is anabolic.In fact it is what the bodybuilders used until the 80s, then another type of anabolizers began to be marketed.
To gain weight, in addition to eating and putting insulin, you have to exercise strength, that stimulates muscle growth.I practice 3 days a week exercise of strength and I have put on "mazza".In fact, I do not lose weight but the clothes are more comfortable, that is because I have changed my body composition.The muscle is denser than fat, weighs more and occupies less space.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
09/02/2024 12:06 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.