{'en': 'The last survivor ... with diabetes', 'es': 'El último superviviente....con diabetes'} Image

The last survivor ... with diabetes

DiabetesForo's profile photo   09/02/2009 12:50 p.m.

Hello, I am Bear Grylls, I have been trained in the best diabetes units in the country, I have reached the improvements control levels of diabetes worldwide and I write to teach you ... to survive

The last survivor… with diabetes

My last challenge has brought me to Valencian lands, I am 60 kilometers south of the Valencian capital, a region that in summer reaches 40 degrees and a humidity close to 90 percent, the helicopter will leave me alone, in the middle of a rice, with a cantimplora, my knife, my flint to make fire, an insulin ball but no needle ... my team of cameras accompany me that will record what I do.

My first problem is water ... you can live 3 weeks without food but only 3 days without water ... I also have insulin but I have no needle, I have only 1 day to reach a population before ketoacidosis takes its effect.

I am hungry, taking advantage of the fact that I am in a rice, I will take a little rice, I will boil it and have a great white rice ... as I pick up the rice I see in a nearby ditch a kind of water snake ... I make a loop with the cords of my boot,I pass it through a stick that I have found and in the end I sack in the snake, here in Valencia they call them eels and do them with a mow of garlic and pepper ... this time I will not eat it raw, I will add it to the rice stew, so I will haveAnguilla proteins and rice carbohydrates.

With strength thanks to lunch I quickly arrive at the first town, I have been lucky ... they have given me a couple of survival needles in the town's ambulatory ... so I have to ration them ... needles should only be used 1 time, if you use them moreOnce they do more damage and break down ... let's go there, I have 2 days to get to another town ... spend several days without glying control is playing the Russian lottery ... and that makes me very nervous.

Doche, I have made a refuge on a fig tree, with 2 crossbar sticks and the parachute ... It will be a long night, I have only been able to drink to hydrate, I am hungry, I am hot and I miss my family.
Thanks to the techniques learned in the diabetes units, I know that the sun rises in the east, the bells sound at 8 and the roosters grazn in the morning, which indicates the straight way to the hospital ... after 2 days sleeping to theRaso, sweating and walking ... I finally got to my goal ... but my problems just started.

I have to get a provisional SIP card, they tell me that the Valencian government will invoice my stay here ... with the SIP card I ask for an appointment for the head doctor ... they give it to me for a week ... I look for the needles in nursing but onlyThey give them from 12 to 13 and it's 18 hours ... Another day that will touch me to ration ... I return to my refuge in the fig tree.

The next day I approached to make an appointment with the endocrine ... They give me a role for 2 months and a sheet with the analysis for 10 days before the visit in a different building ... date with the ophthalmologist for 6 months ... IThey say in another role that they do not review the feet and that the only educating nurse is low ...

I return to my refuge in my fig tree ... I take all the papers that have given me and together with a little of Llesca ... I turn on a fire thanks to my flint ... I add wood and ready ... how much comforts a good fire despite the 35 degrees ....Itier water, I cook more rice ... this time I eat crude some sepionets and some small clóchinas ... luckily the helicopter comes ... I return home ... I am fortunate, it does not always survive well inside a health system.

: Mrgreen :: Mrgreen:

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/02/2009 12:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What gives me .....

What gives me .........

What gives me ...................

He gave me: mrgreen :: mrgreen :: mrgreen :: mrgreen:

Very good, of course.

So you tell for Valencia the thing must be more chunga than by Aragon.I carry little in this, but I have not had any problem to date.All professionals who have attended me have done well, quickly and kindly.

I have gone to the ophthalmologist with a preferential appointment and seen in 15 days, they do not put any problems for the needles, or for the reactive strips ... I leave a card in the health center, and at the time I can already look for them.I find my way to work, so it is simple, and with the very wide schedule.

I have the educator's direct phone, in the face of any doubt, I call and answer me.

The endocrine sees me every two or three months.

My family doctor is a woman's charm that cares almost more than me about my health.

Anyway, it is only another point of view, and another different case.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
09/03/2009 6:13 a.m.

:)) :)) :))

In bad weather good face, yes sir.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/03/2009 12:52 p.m.

What a hiccup has taken Owash, from those of dreaming awake.

Ton 's profile photo
Ton
12/23/2018 8:35 p.m.

: D
Thanks for the good humor despite the regrets <3

imara's profile photo
imara
12/26/2018 10:21 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.