{'en': 'Where to get a diabetic bracelet?', 'es': '¿Dónde conseguir un brazalete de diabético?'} Image

Where to get a diabetic bracelet?

QuiMax's profile photo   09/13/2009 6:03 a.m.

The IDF has blue rubber bracelets with the motto of World Day "Act on Diabetes Now".In our association we sell them together with the pins of the diabetes symbol;The blue circle.

Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
10/09/2013 8:43 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

On October 27, I have planned to run in a popular race (if the injury I am coming out does not prevent me).In the career information it is said to give the runners 5 euros discount on bracelets:
Link
How do you see them?Does anyone have them?
This is another option in case someone did not know her.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/10/2013 1:06 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have a card, as I don't like necklaces or bracelets .....

You can go TB to a hippie market and instead of asking for a bracelet with your name you can ask them to draw the word diabetes.

Or you can do it yourself.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
06/23/2015 10:29 a.m.

I received one with the acu chek spirit and lost it: v

LxDazy's profile photo
LxDazy
06/24/2015 7:53 a.m.

I have those of Codylife.There are models for both sport and to go to the street.They seem beautiful to me.And on the file you think you can save all the data you want.I talked about them on the blog here
Link
And this is your website
Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
06/25/2015 1:07 p.m.

Hi @hansolo, I have a doubt, if the use of these bracelets is designed for emergencies, how do you know that the QR has to be read when one? I say it because the level of use of the QR's is stillSomething Techie, and I don't see my parents giving this with my mobile, and I wonder, to what extent a street person will be aware that I have this bracelet if I find me fainted, or something similar ...

fer's profile photo
fer
06/25/2015 1:49 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

The emergency staff knows these codes perfectly because they usually work with them and with barcodes.In any case, a person with a bracelet with a QR together with the international symbol of the snake that comes next to him, I assure you that it is the first thing they will check the emergency services.In fact, an injured person is not only looked at in the portfolio (if he carries it) to identify him.They also look for medals with personal/medical identification or things like that, such as the QR bracelet.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
06/25/2015 7:05 p.m.

If the medical staff, but the people in the street?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/25/2015 9:24 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

As @Gala says, I also thought of people in general, anyway, it seems like a great idea!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
06/25/2015 9:39 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I also have a CodyLife bracelet.

Street people do not know what to do in case of finding a diabetic without knowledge or with a serious problem, so information about my illness or uses them for anything, or care.

What they have to do is call 112, which have a check and necklaces review protocol, and they do know how to act.

I prefer it that way, what would be missing if one day I fade down the street, it is that some enlightened and it puts something sugary in my mouth and I am attracting, or worse, that I think that perhaps it is solved by clicking insulin (this occurrence andI have heard in person).

That said, still and call 112. With this they already avoid the crime for omission of the duty of relief.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
06/26/2015 5:37 a.m.

I commented a long time ago, which seems to me a great idea but I do not see the daily people scanning a QR, and the nurses of a great city maybe, but in a smaller city or a town either unfortunately.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
06/26/2015 9:30 a.m.

For my daughter, recently diagnosed, I bought a bracelet and a hung/www.tengodiabetes.org/

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
06/26/2015 3:03 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

In the diabetes store they sell all of Codylife, you can also take advantage of the-10% discount offer for forum users, see here: Link

fer's profile photo
fer
07/22/2015 3:59 p.m.

Hello everyone,

In reference to QR codes, they are already normalized among emergency personnel, in fact in events such as marathons, its use has been widespread.

Among foot people are also very widespread, I can almost say that 99% of people under 55 know these codes.And who does not raise a smartphone today?

There are bracelets that in addition to the QR code have the literal "diabetes" engraved.

I think they are very practical.

Apart from 10% for forum members they are lowered compared to their official PVP.

The operation is very simple, when you receive the bracelet you have an activation code, on the Codylife page a web address is assigned with that code where "you" enter your data, all you want, name, address, disease, phoneof people to warn, etc ... and also in several languages.

I leave two photos, one of a bracelet with literal and another of an example QR code, you can staircase with a mobile and see what appears.

It is also a Spanish company (from Almería).

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
07/22/2015 6:26 p.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

Hello again,

It seems that this thread aroused the instinct of help from the people of Codylife.

They have sent us a couple of hours ago with the special products for diabetics, a plaque with the literal "diabetes" is added to its entire collection of identifying bracelets.

I put photos.

Greetings.

Monica_LTD
07/22/2015 9:35 p.m.

Waiting for Codylife to be sold a diabetic card.It is a credit/DNI card size, with photography, in hard plastic and with QR code.

I leave photo:

Monica_LTD
07/23/2015 8:31 p.m.

monica_ltd said:
waiting for Codylife to be taken out a diabetic card.It is a credit/DNI card size, with photography, in hard plastic and with QR code.

I leave photo:

I am interested in the card with code.I've been thinking for weeks whether or not to buy the bracelet (I am not very friendly with everything that is not a clock to be taken in my wrist) and I know that in the end I was going to end up not putting it on.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/23/2015 10:33 p.m.

Hi Joseludi, because for now we only arrive at the mail with the characteristics of the product and the photos, we still have no price or know when it will be, I imagine that soon.We will keep you informed here or you can subscribe to the Newsletter of the store (we are not very heavy sending mails).

Monica_LTD
07/23/2015 10:44 p.m.

Hello everyone,

We have sent us this Codylife mail tarre, the diabetic card will cost € 14, 95, with all Codylife services.It is not yet for sale but they already admit orders.

Those who are interested can ask us for more information for mail or telephone.

The sample they have sent us is very good.

Greetings.

Monica_LTD
07/27/2015 9:45 p.m.

Hello everyone,

Some time ago you asked me by mail and by private if there was any bracelet without codeqr that was "something curious" and that identified us as diabetics.

They just removed this model.It is made in leather and is quite curiosillo.

Well, as you always know where it is.

Greetings.

Monica_LTD
11/25/2015 6:26 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.