My debut

DiabetesForo's profile photo   09/21/2009 11:48 a.m.

Well, today it has been my debut.
A few years ago they told me that I had "prediabetes" and that if I took care of the situation, it could be reversed.I did it and everything was going pretty until just over a week ago I felt something failed.I started to see everything blurred and had an abnormal thirst, drank at all hours.I went to the doctor and told him directly "I think I'm diabetic" and sent me some analysis.These days, despite the regrets, I have always hoped that it was only a peak or something isolated, but that it was fine ... it has not been like that: today they have confirmed that I am diabetic (I have 9.60 ofA1C hemoglobin).I have decided not to tell it at home because I am already older and my mother is old, it would not help to give this disgust.I feel quite sad, why deny it.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/21/2009 11:48 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Auto, a lot of encouragement.The confirmation of a news thus costs to assimilate it and hence your mood, but well thought out, you have to know that it is a disease with which you can live well ... At first everything is something chaotic, but soon you will update yourself up to dateWith hydrates, insulin units and tricks to do everything more bearable.
Do not stop consulting your doubts and think that you will soon be you who will receive the new debutants ....
A hug

Velia's profile photo
Velia
09/21/2009 12:31 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thank you very much for your spirits Velia.Today I feel better, although I worry about thinking that the willpower ends within a time, for example at Christmas :?
Well, step by step.

DiabetesForo
09/22/2009 4:38 p.m.

Holass
Normally christmas meals usually go scarce carbohydrates (turkeys, shellfish ...) that do the nougat do glymia ... but well everything is a matter of moderating its consumption and adjusting insulin and increasing exercise.

DiabetesForo
09/22/2009 4:51 p.m.

Do not worry about you will see that on the fly you will be caught all very well, it is to know everything and you will know how to get along very well, when I was diagnosed with my self I was 13 years old I threw 5 years with the moon of honey and I consider me with 18years, well you have days for everything but you always have to get the encourage

Debut: June 1991

Ultima glyd: 4.9

Novorapid: 2-3-3-3-2

Lantus: 21

barry's profile photo
barry
09/23/2009 3:01 a.m.

Auto, I tell you the same thing: at first it is a stick, but then you take the quiet and everything is easier.

Health and welcome home.

DiabetesForo
09/23/2009 1:23 p.m.

Thank you to all those who have answered me.
I allowed myself to be sad for a few days, but then no longer.Now I prefer to think about what I have in life more than what I do not have and, in addition, I better spend this to me to happen to one of my loved ones.
I would like to chat with someone or have the email of someone who can ask questions from time to time.If someone is encouraged to send me their address in a private, please.

DiabetesForo
09/24/2009 12:32 p.m.

Hello car:

Welcome to the forum, I am also new and I can teach you little, I am with a daily pill of Dianben 850 mg, diet and exercise, and still with days of incorfaces and more normal days, how they say here my debut was on day 5 ofAugust.There are many people prepared and eager to help, you will surely find yourself with it.

All the best,

Cloud

Nube's profile photo
Nube
09/24/2009 3:44 p.m.

Diagnosticada en Agosto del 2009, solicite la curva de glucosa, diabetes melitus II, actualmente tomo Jentadueto, dos al día. Glicosilada 6,4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.